Job Description: VCA Highlands Ranch Animal Specialty & Emergency Center
is seeking a board certified or residency trained Oncologist
to join our 24-hour emergency/specialty practice in Highlands Ranch, Colorado.
For more than 40 years, our facility has been dedicated to providing the Denver metro and Front Range regions with 24-hour emergency and specialty veterinary care. We are the preferred emergency, specialty and referral animal hospital within our community.
Located in Highlands Ranch, our highly trained team provides professional and compassionate pet care. VCA Highlands Ranch Specialty & Emergency Center received top AAHA certification for more than 25 years of excellence, offering advanced veterinary emergency and intensive care, internal medicine, oncology, surgical services and dentistry.
With the creation of VCA's Pet CancerCare Alliance™,
you can be a part of a unique brain trust of over 65 veterinary oncologists and a network of over 35 Pet CancerCare Centers across North America. Our Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists work together to bring advanced treatments, technology and education to all veterinarians by providing collaborative care, research, clinical trials and leadership to help ensure that pets are living their best possible lives.
Highlands Ranch is located 12 miles south of Denver in Douglas County and offers a wonderful quality of life and opportunities for an active lifestyle. This community has received national recognition for its great quality of life and amenities. Our community has been named by NerdWallet as one of the best places to raise families in Colorado, recognized nationally by Forbes as one of the top places to move in the nation. Business Week also named Highlands Ranch one of the best places to raise kids. Not only is Highlands Ranch receiving accolades, so is Douglas County. In August 2014, Douglas County ranked second in Movoto Real Estate's 10 Best Counties in America list.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.