Job Description: VCA Hollywood Animal Hospital
is seeking a board certified or residency trained second oncologist to join our AAHA-accredited, multi-doctor, 24-hour specialty, emergency and general practice in sunny Hollywood, Florida. Culture
As one of the first hospitals to be AAHA accredited, and as one that has maintained the AAHA standards for over 70 years, our caliber of care is rooted in our culture. We are a fast paced, hybrid practice that encourages collaboration. Our general and specialty practice teams work shoulder to shoulder providing exemplary patient care. Partnered with VCA's standards of excellence, our hospital encourages personal professional growth while understanding the importance of work life balance. Services and Staff
In addition to offering general care and 24-hour emergency care, our specialty services include Diplomates in Cardiology, Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Surgery, and Emergency and Critical Care, with two ABVP Diplomates. We have a long-established rotating internship program that mentors top of class graduates every year as well as a specialty surgical Internship program. We have a dedicated lay staff of approximately 150 individuals to support our veterinary professionals. Equipment
VCA Hollywood Animal Hospital is well equipped with 3 Ultrasound units, video endoscopy, state of the art thoroscopy, laparoscopy and arthroscopy equipment, ventilators, expansive anesthetic and critical care monitoring devices, a 64 slice CT scan, 2 digital Xray units, Ligasure vessel sealing equipment, a fully staffed in-house laboratory and equipment, rehabilitation equipment including underwater and land treadmills, therapeutic laser and ultrasound as well as EMS and TENS. We also have a complete blood product supply at your disposal.
Please click the link to take a virtual tour - VCA Hollywood Animal HospitalCommunity
Established in 1947, VCA Hollywood is anchored in our community. Being a resource for pet care and making an impact on our community reaches beyond our ICU. As such, our relationship with Broward Meals on Wheels of Florida's Companion Pet Program has allowed us to raise awareness, food and funds for pets of homebound senior in So. Florida for the last 8 years. Our partnership with area city and county police departments has led us to develop a charity that provides funding for the wellness care of retired K9 Police Officers. Our clients do not miss out though as we host events like our Free Photo with Santa to every pet owner to meet the Big Bearded One and take home a family photo. Giving back is a part of our DNA. Visit our Community page link here
Hollywood is a classic beach town located in Broward County, between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. Hollywood offers the best of both beach and city life. Just minutes from the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, a day full of fishing, swimming, kayaking or just relaxing in the gorgeous south Florida sunshine is a daily consideration! Just a short drive to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for nightlife, museums, sporting events, and more.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Specialty Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.