Job Description: VCA Bay Area Veterinary Specialists (BAVS)
is seeking a board-certified or residency trained Cardiologist
to join our well-established 24-hour specialty referral practice in San Leandro, CA.
We are proud of our updated facility, which houses a 28 patient ICU, oncology, internal medicine, critical care, surgery, and emergency departments. The hospital is state-of-the-art, equipped with endoscopic and laparoscopic capabilities, ultrasound, telemetry, linear accelerator, C-Arm, CT, and Digital Radiology. We have a strong team of emergency clinicians, and an experienced technical staff.
At VCA Bay Area Veterinary Specialists, we are continuing to develop a progressive Intensive Care Unit that includes telemetry, blood gas analysis, and eventually a therapeutic ventilator. The goal of our ECC group is to work closely with other specialties to provide both care in the ICU and consults for outpatients. Our goal is to provide critical care service 7 days a week, helping us to ensure the highest quality of medicine for our patients while providing an excellent work-life balance for all of our doctors and staff.
Located in San Leandro, we are proud to be part of the East Bay community, which includes cities along the eastern shores of the San Francisco Bay. A dynamic and diverse community, San Leandro maintains a safe, small town feel, while offering a wide range of shopping, dining, recreation, miles of shoreline, and easy access to regional parks and nature areas. Downtown San Francisco is only 25 miles away, and easily accessed by both car and public transportation.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Kristen Hreczan, Talent Acquisition Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.