VCA is seeking Specialty Medical Directors at several locations across the country. Most Specialty Medical Directors are experienced specialists or emergency veterinarians, who are confident in leading a diverse group of doctors in the dynamic environment of a 24 hour practice.
At VCA, the Specialty Medical Director (MD) works with the practice administrator and the field management team, and is responsible for establishing the medical quality and patient care practiced by all doctors. The MD achieves this through strong leadership and serving as a mentor and role model for the veterinarians and staff. The MD is an integral part of the hospital management team responsible for the overall financial performance of the hospital. In addition, the MD helps create and drive the overall direction for the hospital. Depending on the size of the hospital, VCA Medical Directors split a percentage of their time in a clinical role and on administrative functions. CALIFORNIA (Northern)
Sonoma County VCA Animal Care Center of Sonoma County CALIFORNIA (Southern)
Los Angeles VCA Animal Specialty & Emergency Center
Palm Springs VCA Valley Animal Medical Center & Emergency Center COLORADO
Denver VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital ILLINOIS
Downers Grove VCA Arboretum View Animal Hospital MASSACHUSETTS
Boston VCA South Shore Animal Hospital NEW HAMPSHIRE
Concord VCA Capital Area Veterinary Emergency and SpecialtyNEW YORK
Ithaca VCA Colonial Animal Hospital
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about any of these positions, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.