Job Description: VCA Veterinary Specialists of Northern Colorado
is seeking a board certified or residency trained Internist
to complement the team at our AAHA-accredited, 24-hour emergency/specialty referral practice in beautiful Loveland, Colorado.
For more than 25 years, our AAHA accredited facility has been dedicated to providing northern Colorado with 24-hour emergency and specialty veterinary care in surgery, surgical oncology, internal medicine, oncology, radiology, neurology and physical rehabilitation. Our hospital features specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery (soft tissue & orthopedic), two AVCS Fellows in surgical oncology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Oncology, Physical Rehabilitation, and 24/7 emergency services.
The medical team and support staff at VSNC are a friendly, cohesive unit that works together to provide compassionate client service and impeccable patient care. VSNC is equipped with a 24 hour-a-day doctor and nursing staff, digital radiography, ultrasound, flexible and rigid video endoscopy, laparoscopy, on-site MRI and CT scan, and in-house and external laboratory capabilities to provide the medical team the technologic tools they require to obtain timely diagnoses and provide high-quality medical care.
The doctors and staff at VSNC work very closely together with local veterinarians to provide seamless veterinary services for the community. VSNC is a teaching institution with opportunities to teach and mentor externs and students.
Loveland is nestled in a lush valley at the entrance to the Big Thompson Canyon and is known as the "gateway to the Rockies." Dotted in and around the city and surrounding areas are an abundance of scenic lakes, parks, trails and recreational areas. Loveland's lakes, rivers and streams provide for swimming, water skiing, rafting, boating, fishing and other water sports. Loveland's mountains provide ample opportunities for amazing hiking, biking, and horseback riding.
Whether you are an art lover, foodie, outdoor enthusiast, love to shop or just want to get away, Loveland is the ideal location in the heart of northern Colorado for all your adventures.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists The base salary range for this position is $150k - $200k and is negotiable based on a candidate's experience, credentials, skillset, education, and other factors.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
The base salary range for this position is $150k - $200k and is negotiable based on a candidate's experience, credentials, skillset, education, and other factors.
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.