Job Description: VCA Great Lakes Veterinary Specialists
is looking for an Oncologist
to join our growing 24-hour specialty and emergency practice in Cleveland.
Come join us as we provide high quality medical care in our 15,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility. Our hospital has fifteen exam rooms, four surgical suites, an 8-slice CT, MRI next door, multiple O2 cages, incubators & ultrasounds, ventilators, advanced monitoring equipment, an endoscopy tower, and dedicated suites for both chemotherapy and I-131 treatments. A beautiful building with excellent equipment means nothing without the accompanying staff. We currently employ Specialists in Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology, and Emergency and Critical Care, as well as a team of experienced and passionate Emergency Doctors. The hospital has an extensive team of technicians and assistants that love what they do and do it well. We offer a very collegial atmosphere.
With the creation of VCA's Pet CancerCare Alliance™,
you can be a part of a unique brain trust of over 65 veterinary oncologists and a network of over 35 Pet CancerCare Centers across North America. Our Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists work together to bring advanced treatments, technology and education to all veterinarians by providing collaborative care, research, clinical trials and leadership to help ensure that pets are living their best possible lives.
VCA Great Lakes is located in Warrensville Heights, a beautiful suburb of Cleveland. Called The Land by locals, Clevelanders describe themselves as a city of underdogs, innovators, creative weirdos and pull-yourself-up-by-the-bootstraps types. The city is very affordable, with many real estate options and a high quality of life. The very popular Cleveland Metroparks is an extensive system of nature preserves encompassing over 21,000 acres, including over 70 miles of the Emerald Necklace Trails. This provides more hiking, mountain biking, sledding, fishing, nature trails and skiing than one can do in a lifetime. Farmers markets abound, beautiful historic neighborhoods like Shaker Heights are very accessible, and the city's diverse entertainment options will keep you busy.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Among the reasons to consider joining VCA, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.