- Boundary Bay Veterinary Specialty Hospital
- Greater Vancouver, British Columbia (CA)
- Guaranteed base + production
- Closing date
- Oct 20, 2022
- Practice Area
- Small Animal
- Position Type
- Veterinary Internist / Specialist
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
- Private Practice
Thinking of Moving to Canada?
Boundary Bay Veterinary Specialty Hospital is seeking a Board-certified Internist, or Residency-trained Internist seeking board-certification, for our established, ever-growing 24/7 Multi-specialty and Emergency and Critical Care Hospital in Metro Vancouver, BC. Experience how our collaborative team embraces core values of We Before Me; Can Do; Do It Right; Game On; and Grow With Us!
- Independently Owned
- Exceptional camaraderie amongst our current Oncologists, Surgeons, Criticalists, Internists, Cardiologists, Neurologists, Emergency Doctors and Canine Rehabilitation team.
- Full-time Social Worker on staff
- Certified VECCS Level 1 facility (the highest of VECCS’ three certification levels and one of only two in Canada
- Provisional Trauma Center (a VetCOT initiative that recognizes veterinary specialty centers that exemplify the team-based approach to trauma care).
- Full complement of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic equipment including: ultrasonography, on-site 64 slice CT and 1.5T MRI, fluoroscopy, flexible and rigid endoscopy, Ligasure, laparoscopy, and arthroscopy. In addition to a complete in-house lab, a full reference diagnostic lab with clinical and anatomical pathology and microbiology is in the same complex.
- Staged to move from our current 10,000 sq ft facility to a state-of-the-art 26,000+ sq ft facility nearby by early 2023.
- We boast an additional modern facility in beautiful Bellingham, WA (30 miles south). This provides a unique opportunity to live and work either in the United States or Canada.
- Flexible work schedule, generous time off, and a robust CE/benefit plan.
- We offer a guaranteed salary with additional production-based pay
- Did we mention collaboration? Rounds occur daily, and our specialists are regularly available to consult on cases
- Our dedicated team of RVTs, Veterinary Assistants, and Customer Service Representatives support you like a well-oiled machine, enhancing patient care efficiently yet compassionately
- Options to engage in community CE In-house CE opportunities including certification in the RECOVER initiative, weekly Journal Clubs, and more
- Based in Metro Vancouver, beautiful British Columbia – need we say more? World-class outdoor and recreational opportunities. You can literally ski and kayak in the same day.
- Vancouver, BC is ranked as the healthiest and happiest city in North America https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/local-news/vancouver-included-on-list-of-worlds-best-cities-to-live-a-healthy-and-happy-life-4957639
- Adjacent to big-city life or forested hillside, the choice is yours. Come and play!
- BBVSH also has a sister clinic in Bellingham, Washington with a busy 24/7 ER service and a growing group of specialists.
- Bellingham is an easy 45 minute drive from our BC clinic and offers an opportunity to live in a great pacific northwest city: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/29/travel/bellingham-seattle-wa-trip.html
- Unique opportunity to choose which country you’d like to live in and an opportunity to work at either or both places.
Let’s start with a conversation
- If you’re interested in discussing career opportunities, please contact us at email@example.com. Also, please visit our website www.bbvsh.com and feel free to browse our careers tab.
Boundary Bay Veterinary Specialty Hospital is an independently-owned, established, and ever-growing 24/7 Multi-specialty and Emergency and Critical Care Hospital. We are based in Beautiful British Columbia Canada - you can ski and kayak in the same day! Experience how our collaborative team embraces core values of We Before Me; Can Do; Do It Right; Game On; and Grow With Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert