Job Description: VCA Northview Animal Hospital Specialty Referral Center
is seeking a board certified or residency trained Oncologist
to complement our AAHA-accredited, multi-specialty referral and general medicine practice in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We know that doctors are in demand, and therefore you have a wonderful opportunity to select the best hospital - and we would like you to see why VCA Northview is the one!
We offer the best of everything - including specialty, emergency care, and general practice. We are large enough to offer state of the art services such as CT, laparoscopy, ultrasound, endoscopy, bronchoscopy, therapeutic laser, and canine rehabilitation, yet still small enough to offer personalized care to both our patients and our referral community. Our well established specialties include Internal Medicine, Surgery, Avian & Exotics, Critical Care, and Integrative Medicine. The successful candidate will thrive in a supportive structure, as this service does not need to be built from scratch. In addition to the caseload our own busy general medicine practice would provide, we have many hospitals that actively refer to our other specialists, so building a loyal following will pose no problems for the right candidate.
With the creation of VCA's Pet CancerCare Alliance™,
you can be a part of a unique brain trust of over 65 veterinary oncologists and a network of over 35 Pet CancerCare Centers across North America. Our Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists work together to bring advanced treatments, technology and education to all veterinarians by providing collaborative care, research, clinical trials and leadership to help ensure that pets are living their best possible lives.
We continue to have a community centered, friendly culture not always found in larger facilities. Come and see why VCA Northview stands out from the crowd. We offer a great working environment, an extremely competitive salary and benefit packages that will meet your needs.
Pittsburgh is located in the south western portion of Pennsylvania and is consistently ranked among the top places to live, work, and visit in the United States. Pittsburgh proudly boasts the nickname "City of Champions" with some of the best sports teams and fans in the country - we have three professional and numerous collegiate sports teams. The Cultural District is home to Downtown's dynamic art and entertainment scene, offering a multitude of choices for live entertainment, contemporary music, modern dance, visual art and thought-provoking theater, as well as classical music, opera, ballet, popular musical theater, film, and more. Beautiful landscape and scenery are over every hill, and there are plenty of biking and hiking trails to explore it all.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.