We are looking for an ECEIM/ACVIM Diplomat or Residency Trained candidate to join our hospital team in Qatar. If you are looking to combine the highest standards of clinical work, research opportunities and an international adventure in a fast-moving, welcoming, and luxurious city then look no further!
EVMC is a state-of-the-art equine hospital equipped with three operating theaters, a purpose-built isolation unit, ICU for adult horses and foals, commercial diagnostic laboratory, farrier shop, lameness examination areas and a reproduction center. Our caseload includes a high volume of interesting and intensive emergency cases, which provide fantastic clinical opportunities for our medicine team, which currently includes a permanent ECEIM resident.
The hospital is staffed with an excellent support team of veterinary residents and interns, qualified nurses, veterinary assistants, and grooms. This allows senior clinicians to practice the highest standards of veterinary medicine, pursue research interests and enjoy all the luxuries that Qatar has to offer.
Qatar Foundation (QF) is a non-profit organization that supports Qatar on its journey to becoming a diversified and sustainable economy. By offering lifelong learning opportunities, fostering a culture of innovation, and empowering the local community, we are investing in Qatar’s future and contributing to a better world
The Equine Veterinary Medical Center is seeking applicants for a full-time position as Senior Clinician in Equine Internal Medicine.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide the highest standards of clinical services to EVMC patients, including emergency and critical care, gastroenterology, neonatology, pneumonology, neurology, ophthalmology, dermatology, and cardiology.
- Support the anesthesia/pain management service by supervising interns or residents conducting general anesthesia and neuroleptanalgesia for recumbent or standing surgical procedures respectively.
- Communicate efficiently and regularly with EVMC clients and referring veterinarians on the horses’ medical conditions and update invoices.
- Contribute to the clinical training/teaching of residents, interns and externs, as well as EVMC’s referring veterinarian community in the format of continuing educational opportunities.
- Perform emergency work after hours, during weekends and public holidays; to be shared with members of the medicine team.
- Provide administrative and strategic committee support occasionally.
- Further the national, regional, and international reputation of EVMC.
- DVM or equivalent.
- A completed residency in in Equine/Large Animal Internal Medicine.
- ECEIM/ACVIM board-certified or board eligible.
- Experience in Equine Internal Medicine, acquired at referral private hospitals or at university veterinary teaching hospitals.
- A research degree (Masters or PhD) is desirable.
- A publication record in veterinary medicine.
Compensation: We offer an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary with additional benefits such as housing and transportation allowance, annual paid leave, school fees, annual airfare allowance, and medical insurance.
Application: Applicants should submit a letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact details of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information and informal discussion of the position, please contact Dr. Matthew Robin, Head of Internal Medicine, at email@example.com or visit www.qf.org.qa and www.evmc.qa for more information.