Job Description: VCA Regional Institute for Veterinary Emergency and Referral
- (VCA RIVER) - is seeking a board certified or residency trained Internal Medicine Specialist
to join our collegial, multi-doctor practice in Chattanooga, TN.
Our multi-specialty group includes Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Radiology, Oncology and a full time physical therapist for Rehab services. This type of collaboration makes for a rich and rewarding environment where patient care can be optimized and learning is continuous. We have a rotating internship class and would expect anyone joining our team to play a large role in their educational experience.
Our large, AAHA accredited facility is 10,000 sq. ft. with 6 exam rooms and 2 surgery suites. We are equipped with CT, MRI, digital fluoroscopy, and both rigid and flexible endoscopy. The physical therapy department has an underwater treadmill and K laser. We also boast the only hyperbaric chamber in the area.
VCA Regional Institute for Veterinary Emergency and Referral (RIVER for short) is a large, 24-hour referral and emergency hospital located in scenic Chattanooga, nestled at the foot of the Appalachian Mountains, along the Tennessee River and an easy drive from Nashville to the north and Atlanta to the south. Recently named "The Best Town Ever" by Outside magazine, Chattanooga boasts abundant recreational, cultural, and entertainment activities.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.