Amazing opportunity for career progression and ownership potential working for independent, locally-grown and managed specialty practice in the heart of Houston! Bayou City Mobile Veterinary Specialists is hiring for a full-time or part-time boarded internist or board-eligible, residency-trained, internist.
We will be opening a new concept in the Houston area called Head to Tail Veterinary Diagnostics. Our diagnostics center is a state-of-the- art diagnostic center with the intent of providing advanced diagnostic services with the mindset of an internal medicine consultant developed by Dr. Savannah Craig. Dr. Craig is a veterinary Internist who is a native Houstonian and who started Houston’s very first and only mobile internal medicine service in 2019. Through her experiences servicing local veterinary practices in the Houston area on a mobile basis, she realized the need for more advanced imaging and ability to get answers in a timelier fashion for many of Houston’s pet owners. Dr. Craig abides by the philosophy "Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things." Peter F. Drucker
Head to Tail Veterinary Diagnostics is unique in that it mirrors human imaging centers where appointments are conveniently scheduled through referring veterinarians and the referring veterinarians review results of the diagnostic service with the pet owners. Head to Tail Veterinary Diagnostics is not a traditional specialty hospital. We do not hospitalize patients or provide ongoing therapy. We do not have on-call shifts, work weekends, work holidays, and have a 4-day work week. Thus, work-life balance for all staff members is a priority that we will not compromise on. Happy employees lead to great service.
Through our work in mobile internal medicine, we have cultivated a wonderful team of licensed veterinary technicians and have invested in top-of-the-line equipment. Our new facility will have a brand-new 64 slice CT, GE ultrasound, and Storz endoscopy equipment. We also have great staff parties -a very important part of team building.
We are not a corporate entity and decisions are made as a team. We create a service that you can be genuinely proud of and allows patients to access specialty medicine that likely wouldn’t have been able to otherwise. We try to keep our operations simple, without the red tape.
As an internist partner, should expect:
- To receive a competitive salary with additional incentive compensation with generous health benefits
- To focus on obtaining great images (don't worry, we will provide extensive training for ultrasound and echocardiogram) and interpreting these images in light of the patient history for abdominal ultrasound, thoracic ultrasound, and cervical ultrasound with an internist point of view. We will send all cardiac and CT imaging to board-certified cardiologists and radiologists for interpretation.
- To help grow and own a new business in the veterinary specialty space
- To work with Dr. Craig on additional medical recommendations for the patients you image
- To work a 4-day work week of your choosing (you can decide what day off you would like)
- To have all weekends, holidays, nights free
- To have generous time-off
- To oversee Computed Tomography cases with licensed veterinary technician
- To have the ability to purchase equipment you want to use and helps you be more productive
- To receive quarterly bonuses as part of your incentive pay
- To receive a generous signing bonus and relocation package
- To set your daily hours (we are flexible with how you want to schedule your workday)
What not to expect:
- We will NOT impose quotas for cases or production on you
- We will NOT make changes without your input
- We will NOT deny requests for better staff or equipment
- We will NOT contact you during your off time
- We will NOT force you to see cases you are not comfortable with
Additional benefits include
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Access to a professional leadership coach to help you optimize your natural skill set and cultivate your career growth
- 2, 3, or 4 day work week (ideally a full-time, 4 day work week but if you are a qualified candidate and part-time is better for you, we will work with you)
- Competitive salary with quarterly bonuses
- No weekend, holiday, or evening responsibilities
- No on-call responsibilities
- Extensive paid time off for personal use and professional development
- Paid ultrasound and echocardiogram training
- Ability to shape the culture in our practice and enrich the lives of those around you
- Free diagnostic and therapeutic services for personal pets
Bayou City Mobile Veterinary Specialists is committed to a professional environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and are valued. We are an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.