VCA Veterinary Emergency Service and Veterinary Specialty Center is a steadily expanding, emergency and specialty hospital group in the Madison, WI looking for a residency trained or board certified Internist
to join our team.
We have three locations (Madison, Middleton, Janesville) which are staffed by a progressive team of ER doctors, specialists, and a highly skilled group of CVTs and Assistants. Our specialty departments include: Oncology, Surgery, Critical Care, and Internal Medicine. Our management philosophy is centered around customer service, whether our customer is our patient, the owner, or our referring veterinarian. Our mission to exceed client expectations fosters a team/customer focused/patient care oriented environment with encouraged collaborative decision making. Our goal is to empower our staff to be fully engaged providing the best care/service possible. With over 150 employees total, VCA VES/VSC has a highly-dedicated administration team.
The Madison area is home to a diverse population. Madison is the capital of the Wisconsin and the seat of Dane County. Madison's estimated population of 255,000 make it the second-largest city in Wisconsin by population. Located on an isthmus between Lake Mendota and Lake Monona, the city is home to the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the Wisconsin State Capitol, Henry Vilas Zoo, lakes, and an extensive network of parks and bike trails.
Our emergency hospital in Madison is open 24 hours/day, 7 days/week and this position offers the flexibility of working shifts at our specialty emergency hospitals in the Middleton and Janesville areas.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com