VCA Animal Specialty Group
is seeking a 4th board certified or residency trained Internist
to join our 24-hour emergency and specialty referral practice located in beautiful San Diego, CA.
We feature a newly remodeled, 12,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility, along with an accomplished and well-trained team dedicated to delivering the highest quality patient care with exceptional client service. We are proud of our cohesive and collaborative staff and value a team environment. We have been serving San Diego County and the surrounding areas for over forty years.
We offer Internal Medicine, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Oncology, Ophthalmology and Surgery Specialties as well as Emergency and Critical Care services.
Our specialized equipment includes but is not limited to:
- New Ultrasound Machine-GE-Sound
- Karl Storz Endoscopy & Laparoscopic System
- Rigid & Flexible Scopes
- Infinity Medical Stents
- Nova/Abaxis In House Lab Equipment
- In house Blood for Transfusions
- Radiologist in house once a week
- CT Toshiba - 64 slice
- MRI (1.5 tesla, deep tissue)
We believe in our staff and support their ongoing growth and offer a progressive and cutting edge internship program. We would expect any Specialist joining the team to participate in their education and hopefully also become a mentor for future growth and development.
San Diego County comes with an impressive skyline, desert landscapes, scenic hikes and coastal views to rival Big Sur. A boardriders paradise, this southern corner of California has 175 miles of surf-able coastline and dozens of neighborhoods - all with their own personalities, laid-back locals and perfect weather. It's literally always 70-something degrees, at any time of year. Craft beer and Mexican food is not just an experience in San Diego, it's a lifestyle. You won't be turned away for wearing flip flops, boardies or leggings almost anywhere. Spend your days immersed in farmers' markets and floral gardens, go on a whale watching boat trip or learn something at one of some of the city's 90+ museums. There's even an enormous inland city lagoon - perfect for paddle boarding and cycling around. San Diego has it all.
At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com