VCA Sheridan Animal Hospital
is seeking a residency trained or board certified Internal Medicine Specialist
to join our growing and flourishing AAHA-accredited, multi-doctor small animal practice in Buffalo, New York.
We are a long-standing veterinary hospital with a 40+ year reputation for excellence in our community. Our doctors and team strive to practice high quality medicine with exceptional client service. We are looking for a compassionate Internist with effective communication skills who enjoys progressive medicine and the comradery of working with others in a private practice setting.
VCA Sheridan Animal Hospital is open 6 days a week to better serve our patients and clients and allows for a balanced quality of life outside of work. We are a fully- equipped, AAHA Certified, small animal practice that has the tools necessary to provide top quality medicine. We have a board certified surgeon on staff in addition to a VTS (Anesthesia/Analgesia) to assist with all of your anesthetic procedures. We have flexible and rigid scopes for lower GI scoping, Rhinoscopy and Bronchoscopy. We provide 24/7 consultations with a board certified Radiologist and encourage learning and advanced training with ultrasound procedures.
Our beautiful hospital is located close to NFL and NHL stadiums for the avid sports fan and is located in an area that caters to all lifestyles. We have wonderful restaurants, breweries and we are only a hop, skip and a jump away from the Canadian border.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com