VCA Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center of Kalamazoo is seeking a board certified or residency trained Cardiologistto join our comprehensive 24-hour emergency and specialty practice.
Our hospital offers extensive emergency services with a board-certified Surgeon and Criticalist on staff. We are looking to grow our referral services by adding additional specialties. We see a variety of exotic patients, but experience with exotics is not required. Our hospital is equipped with in house laboratory, digital radiography, CT, ultrasound, and oxygen cages. Our support team is comprised of skilled and experienced LVT's and Assistants that can anticipate your needs.
Situated halfway between Chicago and Detroit, Kalamazoo is an ideal location full of locally sourced restaurants, breweries, and festivals. You can ride your bike from downtown Kalamazoo to Lake Michigan, along the 35-mile Kal-Haven trail. For your four-legged friends, Kalamazoo offers multiple off-leash parks and pet friendly restaurants. The city also offers an assortment of cultural attractions that you might only expect to find in larger metropolitan areas including music, visual art, dance, and theatre. Kalamazoo offers outstanding educational scholarships for all children attending public school in the community. The Kalamazoo Promise provides free or highly subsidized tuition to many Michigan colleges and universities.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Kristen Hreczan, Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
at Kristen.firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-351-0221.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com