VCA Shoreline Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center
is seeking a board certified or residency trained Cardiologist
to join our established 24-hour specialty and emergency practice.
We practice in a newly built, state-of-the-art, VECCS Level 1 Certified facility, one of only eight across the nation. We have a talented team of board certified Specialists providing the most comprehensive veterinary medicine available in the region. Our six full time Emergency Veterinarians provide around the clock emergency care. Together with a skilled support staff, our strong management team is dedicated to delivering the highest quality patient care and exceptional client services.
Our specialties include Internal Medicine, Surgery, Neurology, Oncology, Dermatology, and Emergency/Critical Care. We offer a wide range of diagnostics including in-house MRI, Ultrasound, Endoscopy, Digital Radiography, Laparoscopy, ICU with Telemetry and Oxygen Cages. VCA Shoreline also provides a fully equipped Animal Ambulance Service for the specialty transport of ill, injured, or critical patients from the region into our hospital.
VCA Shoreline is located in Shelton, part of Fairfield County, on the Gold Coast of Connecticut. We are 60 miles from New York City, 20 miles from New Haven, and approximately 2 hours from Boston. The Specialty schedule will give you plenty of time each week to explore the beaches, hiking, biking, music, art, and all the seasons of Southern New England.
For additional information, visit VCA Careers- About Us.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a peer network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Kristen Hreczan, Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at k email@example.com or 704-351-0221
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com