We are seeking an experienced or residency trained board certified Internist
to join our team for a temporary
VCA Great Lakes is a progressive 24hr specialty and emergency hospital located in Warrensville Heights. You will have the opportunity to work with our experienced Emergency Veterinarians and our Specialists. We currently staff two Internists, an Ophthalmologist, and a Criticalist, as well as our team of highly skilled ER doctors and technicians. Our new, 15,000 sq. ft. facility consists of eleven exam rooms, three surgical suites, and a spacious treatment area. We have separate GI and respiratory isolation wards, an ICU, feline and step-down ward. Our hospital is well-equipped with all the diagnostic equipment you will need to provide the best medicine for your patients. This includes CT, fluoroscopy, oxygen cages, scopes, ultrasounds, monitors, ventilators, and more.
VCA Great Lakes is located in a beautiful suburb of Cleveland with all the perks and benefits of living close to everything. Cleveland is known for its trendy restaurants, internationally recognized arts community, for its cosmopolitan attitudes, its multiple professional sports team and is becoming increasingly well known for its growing outdoor scene. Over the last few years the city has created the MetroParks Network, an extensive system of nature preserves encompassing over 21,000 acres including over 70 miles of what is known as the Emerald Necklace Trails. It provides more hiking, mountain biking, sledding, fishing, nature trails & centers and skiing than one can do in a lifetime. The city is very affordable enabling purchases of very large homes and a very high quality of life. It also boasts two unmatched health care systems (Cleveland Clinic and Metro Health) which creates an environment filled with other professionals like yourself. Farmers markets abound, beautiful neighborhoods, like Shaker Heights, with their historical homes are very accessible and the city's familial neighborhood feel is overwhelming
In this position you'll use your superior medical judgment combined with a high level of empathy, confidence and humility to build a loyal client base and heal pets.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
, at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com