VCA Veterinary Emergency Service / Veterinary Specialty Center
, the largest private Emergency and Specialty hospital group in the Madison, Wisconsin area, is looking for a full time residency trained or board certified Cardiologist to join our team.
As a Cardiologist at VES/VSC, you would work alongside our nine board certified specialists and 15+ ER veterinarians. Our specialties include Anesthesia, Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine, and Oncology, divided between our two Madison-area offices (Middleton and Madison). We are a teaching facility, with a class of four rotating interns, so mentoring is part of our culture. We encourage and support clinical research.
With the largest ER caseload in the region, our hospitals identify many cases which require cardiology consultations, and our referral base includes Madison, Middleton, Janesville, and Rockford. VES/VSC hosts monthly CE dinner events for our referring veterinarians. We strongly believe in ongoing community involvement and outreach, and regularly support local charitable events.
The Madison area is home to a diverse, highly educated population of approximately half a million, with a local airport, relatively low cost housing and cost of living, yet incredible variety of cultural experiences including food, sports, theater, and music. The area boasts excellent schools and frequently ranks top in the country in terms of health, happiness, and overall quality of life. Milwaukee and Chicago are a two-hour drive for international getaways and there are daily direct flights from Madison Airport to Chicago, Minneapolis, NYC, Washington DC, Detroit, Las Vegas, Denver, and Atlanta.
For additional information about working for VCA, click here: https://www.vcacareers.com/about-us .
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a peer network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Kristen Hreczan, Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-351-0221.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com