The Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center (VREC) is currently seeking Internal Medicine Clinician(s) to join our great family; new graduates strongly encouraged to apply. An ideal candidate is a motivated, good-humored, compassionate clinician with excellent communication skills, and the desire to practice advanced medicine.
Veterinarians should not be subject to think they must be a either a superhero or a complete failure. We provide our doctors a steady and secure schedule, and environment so you do what is important, meaningful and allows you to take care of yourself too!
As a collective we care for one another as colleagues and family. We are an established and well-known facility with wonderful referring veterinary and community support.
We believe in work flexibility and understand that life happens, change is everywhere, and it is important to always grow as a whole. You will be a part of a diverse team that is more like a family and works as one cohesive unit to ensure a better life for all staff, patients, and clients. We are a hospital who wants individuals to be themselves, and allow them to do their best every day! We have staff who have been with us since the hospital opening, and some who came to work with us because of previous work experiences together - this says a lot about us as a family and team!
While there is an immense amount we can't list, we would be more than pleased to discuss our culture, philosophy and position.
- WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR EXPERIENCES TO BE?
- Career pays for your life - not the other way around
- Benefits that match your values Culture and Loyalty
- Private managed hospital Exclusive focus on referral and emergency medicine; no primary care
- Social, supportive, positive environment
- We are a family and part of the community Mentorship (ours is real!) Grow and learn with us
- Your CE is separate from your vacation time Participate in technician internships and veterinary technician, and veterinary student externships
- Work with other experienced clinicians, experienced licensed technicians, and dedicated support staff, all committed to excellence, teaching and learning
- Substantial signing bonus
- Tuition reimbursement/assistance
- Moving expenses
- 401K with MATCH
- Access to a financial advisor
- BUY-IN POTENTIAL
- Prioritize your time
- Flexible scheduling
- Paid parental leave
- Full benefits package
- Medical, dental, optical, disability, continuing education
- Social impact – Purpose-driven
- VREC Angel Fund provides financial assistance
- Prevents compassion fatigue for staff
- Provides community service
- Free care provided to service dogs
- Discounted care for service individuals’ pets
- Affiliations and discounts for with multiple rescue organizations
- WHAT WE WANT TO SHARE WITH YOU
- Offers metropolitan, urban and rural living Low cost of living
- Dollar covers more expenses
- Large discretionary income
- More cash left to spend
- Doctors who left huge metro (Chicago, Boston, NYC, SF) areas will tell you they have more money to spend now!
- Prestigious, sought after, blue-ribbon schools
- 19 colleges
- Culture and Nightlife
- Over 28 “essential” restaurants
- Bars and clubs
- Cultural center receives first wave, off-Broadway shows
- Sports and outdoor activity
- Penguins hockey
- New York Yankees – Rail Riders
- Minor leagues
- Ski resorts - Local Elk Mountain, 4 hours to Killington or 6 hours to Stowe
- Hiking, camping, kayaking, whitewater rafting, climbing, bicycling
- Small center of the universe – where do you want to go?
- 1 1/2 hours to Manhattan or Philadelphia
- 4 hours to Washington DC or Boston
- 5 hours to Vermont skiing
- Drive – day trips and weekend outings
- Fly - access to local, regional and international airports
- 3 hours to Miami
- 4 hours to the Caribbean
- 6 hours to West Coast
- 7 hours to London or Paris
- 8 hours to Rome or Berlin
- Established, growing hospital
- Currently hiring to include, oncology, dermatology, ophthalmology, neurology, and other specialties
- Currently planning a building expansion
- Perform your best every day
- Monitoring equipment, in-house labs, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, mechanical ventilator, telemetry, blood donor program, and complete nuclear medicine capabilities including I-131 and Synovetin OA.
- The only 24/7/365 MRI in the northeast, outside of Cleveland
- Receive and work closely with many referral hospitals and University teaching hospitals.
- Currently providing emergency, internal medicine, surgery, rehabilitation, neurology, cardiology, and nuclear medicine services.
- Dedicated radiologists available for consultation
- Great community in South Abington Twp., PA
To submit a CV or for more information please contact Dr. Nichole Danova at Danova@vrecpa.com or Brent Parry-Hospital Manager at HR@vrecpa.com
Please review our website– vrecpa
View our recruitment video: youtube.com/watch?v=6E7Gbn1UhIg&feature=youtu.be