MedVet Chicago is seeking an In-Patient Care Associate Veterinarian - (Hospitalist) . The ideal candidate will work closely with our Specialty Services assisting in the intake and management of non- critical hospitalized patients. Duties will include developing treatment plans, communication with clients and referral partners, and maintaining accurate medical records. We believe the best candidates for this position are those with an interest in internal medicine, neurology and cardiology. Primary care practitioners with an interest in specialty medicine will find a unique caseload and learning opportunity. This is a unique opportunity for a small-animal veterinarian currently working in general or emergency practice and interested in working in a specialty practice. Why Join MedVet Chicago?
Everything Starts with Our Caregivers
- Take a video tour here of our new state-of-the-art, 65,000 SF hospital.
- Our state-of-the-art hospital technology includes an MRI, CT, Fluoroscopy, a LINNAC, and an onsite reference laboratory with a clinical pathologist.
- Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian owned and veterinarian led multispecialty and emergency organizations in the country.
- Our doctors are eligible* to become shareholders - a rare opportunity to have ownership and share in the growth and success of MedVet hospitals across the country.
- We offer a Student Loan Repayment Program and Parental Leave.
Why Choose Chicago, IL?
- Our passionate and dedicated team of doctors, certified technicians, assistants, and client service representatives is committed to being the best in the veterinary profession to give and receive care. Their collaboration, passion, and energy can be felt by everyone who enters our hospital doors.
- Our specialties include Anesthesiology, Cardiology, Critical Care, Dentistry, Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Ophthalmology, Neurology, Radiology, Rehabilitation, and Surgery.
- We also have an energetic group of rotating Interns and a dynamic Emergency Department that provides 24/7 care for the Chicago area.
- Our team members treat patients and clients like they are our own family, and we develop referral partner relationships built on trust, respect, communication, and empathy.
Skills and Qualifications
- Be inspired every day by our live music scene, off-Broadway shows, festivals, vibrant arts scene, and cuisine cultivated by the world's top chefs.
- Get out and get active. This "City in a Garden" includes 570 parks and over 20 beaches to satisfy all your outdoor activity needs.
- Play ball! Not only is baseball a favorite Chicago pastime, but each major professional sport is proudly represented here.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Ability to become licensed to practice in the state of Illinois.
- Minimum of 5 years of GP experience or 3 years of ER experience or internship trained
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Collaborative personality
- Desire to provide exceptional patient care in a fast-paced environment
- Clinical schedule will include rotating weekdays and weekends
- You will provide client and patient care in close collaboration with our board-certified specialists for hospitalized patients.
For more information about this opportunity with MedVet, please visit our website at www.medvet.com
or submit a confidential CV
, please email Amanda Purcell at amanda.purcell@MedVet.com
Come as you are! MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are ready to listen to your VOICE
and help you pursue your Passion.
We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.