The Veterinary Medical Center at LWR is a privately owned hospital in Lakewood Ranch, FL. We are located about 1 hour south of Tampa and very close to the cities of Sarasota and Bradenton, FL. Our new ER/Specialty service opened in November 2021, and we would love to add a Cardiologist to our team! As a new service, our Cardiologist would play an active role in planning and purchasing the equipment they need. Your input is important to us and we can add new equipment and make changes quickly when they are needed. Your service would support our emergency department/Criticalist as well as patients referred from our General Practice and our local veterinarians.
Beginning late 2022, we will start construction of our new 12,000 square foot facility which will house new equipment and additions, 13 additional exam rooms, surgery suites, CT and more. We are actively recruiting specialists with a goal to have a complete specialty team in the near future. In late 2021, we opened the VMC Animal Blood bank which is a fully functioning in-house blood bank run by our Critical Care team.
* A part-time or full-time schedule is available ranging from 3 to 5 days per week.
* As a new service, we are offering a base salary or salary + production (your choice) for the first year. Based on our location, we anticipate this service will grow very quickly.
* 100% health, dental and vision insurance coverage.
* 1 month paid vacation/CE/sick days.
* Continuing education allowance.
* DEA license, and dues paid.
* Retirement plan with 3% matching.
* Moving allowance, if needed.
* Sign on bonus with 1 year contract. Our contracts do not contain non-compete clauses.
* Working with a great group of forward thinking people!
We understand scheduling and salary are an important part of accepting a position and are happy to discuss this information in advance of a formal interview.
We are privately owned and sincerely care about our doctors and staff. You will have the support staff you need to navigate your cases and practice high quality medicine. We are known for our approach to customer/patient care and have been a part of the Bradenton/Sarasota community for 20 years. Our hospital is owned by a veterinarian that has practiced emergency medicine for 17+ years. If you have any questions at all about this position, please feel free to call/text Dr. Wendy Ellis at 941-266-0335 (cell) or email at email@example.com.
The Veterinary Medical Center at Lakewood Ranch is a new 6500 sq ft stand-alone veterinary hospital that opened in November of 2019. Our hospital is privately owned and located in a new fast growing community about an hour south of Tampa and 20-30 minutes from the famous white sandy beaches of Sarasota and Anna Maria Island. Lakewood Ranch was recently named one of the top growing planned communities in the United States and our region was voted one of the best places to live in America! If you love golfing, wildlife, the beaches, arts, nightlife and shopping, you will love living here!