VCA Bay Area Veterinary Specialists (BAVS)
is seeking a second board certified or residency trained Internist
to join our well-established 24-hour specialty referral practice.
We are proud of our updated facility, which houses a 28 patient ICU, oncology, internal medicine, cardiology, critical care, surgery, ophthalmology and emergency departments. The hospital is state-of-the-art, equipped with endoscopic and laparoscopic capabilities, ultrasound, telemetry, linear accelerator, C-Arm, CT, and digital radiology. We have a strong team of emergency clinicians, and an experienced technical staff. We currently have both electrochemotherapy and radiation therapy as treatment modalities for our patients.
Our internal medicine service is busy, with an established caseload for a second doctor. We are searching for someone who can integrate into a collaborative hospital that provides the highest quality of medicine, while maintaining our focus on work-life balance.
Located in San Leandro, we are proud to be part of the East Bay community, which includes cities along the eastern shores of the San Francisco Bay. A dynamic and diverse community, San Leandro maintains a safe, small town feel, while offering a wide range of shopping, dining, recreation, miles of shoreline, and easy access to regional parks and nature areas. Downtown San Francisco is only 25 miles away, and easily accessed by both car and public transportation.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work.
Compensation is negotiable based on education, experience, and other relevant credentials. The annual salary range for this position is $120,000 to $300,000. This position may also be eligible for other variable pay programs.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com