VCA Colonial Animal Hospital
is seeking a board certified or residency trained Oncologist
to join our well established, AAHA accredited referral, emergency, and general practice in beautiful Ithaca, New York.
At VCA Colonial, our practice is the perfect mix of general medicine and specialty services. Specialties currently offered include surgery, oncology, internal medicine, radiology, and behavior. Our 16,000 square foot hospital is fully equipped with ultrasound, digital radiography, endoscopy, therapeutic laser, in-house laboratory, and CT.
We are a 17 doctor practice with a large support staff that includes 35 Licensed Technicians and Assistants. We are open seven days a week, and provide 24 hour hospitalized patient care. Our hours of operation do not require overnight doctor shifts, however there is a very challenging and diverse caseload. We have a great group of veterinarians who support each other and work well as a team.
With the creation of VCA's Pet CancerCare Alliance™, you can be a part of a unique brain trust of over 65 veterinary oncologists and a network of over 35 Pet CancerCare Centers across North America. Our Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists work together to bring advanced treatments, technology and education to all veterinarians by providing collaborative care, research, clinical trials and leadership to help ensure that pets are living their best possible lives.
Ithaca is unique! Ithaca includes towering waterfalls, lush ice-age gorges, and endless panoramic views. There is hiking, biking, and boating. You can enjoy the beauty of Cayuga Lake, the largest of the Finger Lakes. You can surround yourself with PhDs, street musicians and families on our downtown pedestrian mass, in our theaters, and around our restaurants. Ithaca is beautiful and smart, and always unexpected. There is a vibe here unlike anywhere else in America. Come experience it!
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
The annualized base for this position ranges from $200,000 to $250,000 and is negotiable based on experience and credentials. This position is also eligible for production/commission and other variable pay programs.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com