VCA South Shore Weymouth Animal Hospital
-nestled along the coastline just 30 minutes south of Boston, Massachusetts-is seeking a board certified or residency trained Cardiologist to join our 24-hour emergency/specialty/general practice.
For more than 30 years, we have been caring for pets in the Norfolk County area. Our 28,000 square foot, state of the art hospital is beautiful and inviting at only 10 years old, with a diverse and stimulating caseload. The strong relationship between our emergency and specialty departments allows us to care for complex surgical and medical cases in a 24-hour setting, providing comprehensive care. VCA South Shore Weymouth also boasts a strong internship program and a talented, caring support staff.
We have a dedicated ultrasound room, private imaging reading room, 64 slice CT scanner, C-arm fluoroscopy, and a new telemetry unit. We also have a dedicated technician training coordinator, hands free radiology, I-131, a supportive, progressive management team, and we are AHAA certified, VECCS certified, and have integrated fear free methods throughout the practice.
Check out our hospital video here!
Weymouth is a mature, strongly residential suburb located just south of Boston. The community is nicely situated for easy access to Cape Cod and the Greater Boston area. Three MBTA commuter rail stations provide quick transportation into the city. Weymouth's popular recreation areas include Legion Field, George Lane Beach, and Webb Memorial State Park. Its thoroughfares feature an assortment of restaurants and small shopping plazas, while its village centers are home to an eclectic mix of local stores. Families continue to be attracted to Weymouth for its diverse housing options, convenient transportation, premier health care facilities, and fine system of parks and open spaces.
For additional information about working at VCA, click here: https://www.vcacareers.com/about-us .
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
For more information about this job, please contact Kristen Hreczan, Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-351-0221.
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a peer network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com