Join a collaborative network dedicated to advancing the veterinary profession. Ethos Veterinary Health, NVA Compassion-First (NVA C-F) and SAGE are looking for a Director of House Officer Programs to grow and support house officer programs across the 130+ locations throughout our network.
The Director of House Officer Programs is responsible for the oversight, growth and development of formal House Officer-training programs across our network of hospitals. This position is focused on the quality and expansion of all such organizational programs and partners with national leadership, local program directors, as well as members of other functional areas within Ethos and NVA C-F to assess organizational development needs and priorities while providing optimal formal learning & development solutions.
- Collaborates with the Medicine and Operations functions to lead the strategic development and implementation of House Officer-training programs that support a culture of best practices, ensuring the highest levels of evidence-based medical care and operational efficiency, leading to improved patient outcomes and enhanced client experience.
- Collaborates with Medicine, Operations, People and Organizations (P&O), Recruiting and Talent and Learning (T&L) to develop a workforce strategy that identifies skills, competencies and capabilities needed in the future and defines plans for House Officer training programs to help meet these needs.
- Creates collaboration and unity among the current House Officer-training programs so they are aligned with hospital needs and organizational strategy.
- Mentors and develops the local hospital house officer directors, promoting collaboration, best practices, and communication.
- Collaborates with the VetBloom team on the deployment and utilization of the platform as part of all training programs including integration of the platform technology and content development.
- Works in collaboration with Ethos Discovery, NVA C-F and SAGE Clinical Trials teams to support research projects, study design, statistical analysis, and publication of manuscripts.
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure and assess the impact and return on investment (ROI) of all House Officer-training programs.
- Implements processes that link educational outcomes with program improvement.
- Assists in establishing and managing the centralized budget for all House Officer-training programs, while collaborating with local program directors to assist with their local budget development.
- Responsible for the business planning, pro-forma creation, application process and implementation for all new House Officer programs.
- Defines and implements a harmonized candidate profile and selection process.
- Organizes collaborative activities for all training programs, including grand rounds, topic rounds, M&M, journal clubs, radiology rounds, pathology rounds and others, utilizing VetBloom to implement and create national alignment.
- Oversees the maintenance of records, reports, examinations, data, accreditation regulations, fees, and other program specific items required by the accrediting agencies.
- Develops and directs the Ethos student ambassador program and partners with the NVA C-F campus recruiting team members.
Profile of a Successful Candidate:
- DVM Degree with advanced certification.
- Individual with advanced training or experience in organizational learning & development preferred.
- Record of academic pursuits including publications in journals, textbooks, and other media channels.
- 5+ years of organizational learning & development experience including oversight of formal, accredited medical training programs.
- Leadership/management experience, preferably in veterinary medicine. Strong record of externalization and involvement in organized veterinary medicine preferred.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time is required
We offer a competitive benefits package, compensation and a desirable work schedule. Interested applicants should be highly motivated to provide the highest quality patient and client care in an environment that prizes collaboration and innovation.
Interested candidates can send their CV to Melanie Piexotto at Mpiexotto@ethosvet.com
Ethos Veterinary Health, NVA Compassion-First, SAGE are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.