VCA Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center
is seeking residency trained or board certified Oncologist
to join our emergency and multi-specialty practice in Norwalk, Connecticut.
We feature a newly built, state-of-the-art facility, along with an accomplished and well-trained team dedicated to delivering the highest quality patient care with exceptional client service.
We offer our clients a broad range of specialties including Emergency & Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Oncology, Cardiology, Dermatology, and Radiology. We have a strong team of emergency doctors, and are proud of our rotating internship. Our state-of-the-art equipment includes two high quality ultrasounds, a full range of endoscopy equipment, and CT.
With the creation of VCA's Pet CancerCare Alliance™, you can be a part of a unique brain trust of over 65 veterinary oncologists and a network of over 35 Pet CancerCare Centers across North America. Our Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists work together to bring advanced treatments, technology and education to all veterinarians by providing collaborative care, research, clinical trials and leadership to help ensure that pets are living their best possible lives.
Norwalk sits on the coast of the Long Island Sound almost equidistant between New York City and New Haven, Connecticut. With more miles of shoreline than any other city in Connecticut, Norwalk is a city of hundreds of neighborhoods that define its character. The city meets the country in this sophisticated region of Connecticut where you will find high quality shops, classic antiques, and sumptuous dining. All kinds of outdoor activities are available in our area, including biking, boating, fishing, golfing, and hiking. New York City is a one hour commute, made easier by four Metro North stations in Norwalk.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com