VCA Veterinary Specialist of the Valley is seeking to add a board certified or residency trained Oncologist
to join our talented team located in Woodland Hills, CA
, serving the San Fernando Valley of northern Los Angeles. This position would be a second oncologist in our thriving practice.
VCA Veterinary Specialists of the Valley (VSV) offers a full complement of specialty services in virtually all veterinary disciplines, including Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Oncology, and Surgery. We have a strong group of emergency doctors, and the collaborative atmosphere in our practice ensures that every patient receives the highest quality and most comprehensive veterinary care available anywhere.
Practicing your best medicine is easy in our well-equipped hospital, with both MRI and CT, full endoscopy capabilities, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, digital radiographs, and full in house lab capabilities. A strong and stable staff supports our doctors. The oncology technicians are very experienced so a new veterinarian can hit the ground running with a ratio of three techs per doctor.
With the creation of VCA's Pet CancerCare Alliance™, you can be a part of a unique brain trust of over 65 veterinary oncologists and a network of over 35 Pet CancerCare Centers across North America. Our Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists work together to bring advanced treatments, technology and education to all veterinarians by providing collaborative care, research, clinical trials and leadership to help ensure that pets are living their best possible lives.
Our practice is located in the Woodland Hills neighborhood, which borders the Santa Monica Mountains. Our great location is just 30 minutes to the famous beaches of Malibu, 15 minutes to the trails at Upper Las Virgenes Canyon Open Space Preserve, and a few hours to get on the ski slopes. On Ventura Boulevard there are lively bars and gastropubs with delicious food and live music, making Woodland Hills a unique, vibrant destination in the Valley. One can choose from a variety of places to live, with affordable housing and great schools both available in the area.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com