MedVet has an opportunity for a strong Medical Director (MD) who is looking to grow a Specialty and Emergency hospital at our Silicon Valley, CA hospital.
The Medical Director (MD) provides hospital leadership in dyad partnership framework with the Hospital Director (HD) to lead the Healthcare Team. The MD, who reports to a Regional Medical Director (RMD), is the local leader of Medical Services that oversees all doctors. The MD promotes a culture that supports development of engaged and empowered employees, who deliver the MedVet Experience in a healthy and sustainable manner while living MedVet's core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion.
Successful dyad leadership provides representation of all employees, fosters diversity of thought, and leverages the variable experience and skill of our Medical Services and Clinical Services Teams. The MD supports doctors and the Health Care team directly at each hospital and works collaboratively with each level of the MedVet organization to improve and sustain MedVet's focus on evaluating, planning, and implementing the delivery of best-in-class healthcare to MedVet patients in support of our mission - Leading Specialty Healthcare for Pets. Why MedVet Silicon Valley?
In addition to 24/7 Emergency services, MedVet Silicon Valley offers specialty services in Cardiology, Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Radiology, and Surgery. We are operating out of the first phase of our brand-new hospital with plans to move into the full hospital in 2023. You'll have all the technology and equipment you need to provide exceptional care. And our team of high-skilled clinical services members support patient care in a collaborative, team-focused atmosphere. What we offer:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- All our doctors have the opportunity to become shareholders!
- We are DVM owned & DVM led - our CEO is a cardiology specialist.
- Being led by veterinarians gives us the freedom to make the best choices for our patients, our clients, our referral partners, our doctors, and our team members.
- All the benefits you expect, plus a Generous Signing Bonus, Competitive Compensation, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Parental Leave.
- The support system you need to be successful in the MD role. We are big enough to have centralized medical recruiting, marketing, HR, IT, purchasing, etc.
- We are small enough that we can make decisions and implement change quickly.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Foster a Culture that supports development of Engaged and Empowered Employees as well as continuous improvement
- In partnership with the HD, serves as a dyad leader for the hospital, directing both Emergency and Specialty services. Successful dyad leadership provides representation of all hospital employees, provides diversity of thought, and leverages the variable experience and skill of our Medical Services and Clinical Services Teams.
- Lead and direct the Medical Services teams in the hospital, including doctor hiring, doctor onboarding, doctor development and employee issues, partnering with Clinical Services, HR, or other teams as needed. Continually evaluate hiring needs and opportunities for growth of the practice, working in partnership with the Medical Recruiting team.
- Accountable for doctor scheduling, department meetings, and other doctor-facing communications.
- Works with the Hospital Director to ensure the Clinical Services team has the resources and tools to deliver high-quality patient, client, and referral partner experience. This includes working with the HD to ensure appropriate number of skilled team members, as well as working with Operations & IT to ensure supplies, equipment, and technical tools are available and functioning.
- Works with the HD to manage overall hospital financial results, including inventory/supplies and other expenses.
- Work with Specialty and ER departments to develop and maintain systems for communication and handling of patients between departments, including transfers, after hour exams, and transport among hospitals.
- Work Collaboratively with the HD, RMD, VP of Clinical services and Finance to Prepare and Manage Hospital Budget and Capital Budget:
- Includes revenue budget, expense budget, profit and loss statements, and management of payroll to revenue
- Inclusion of all department doctors and clinical managers in the capital budget process
- Work with the RMD to Lead Operational Planning efforts and execution for the hospital on an annual basis.
- Participate in hospital and regional Results Management Meetings
- Ensure Referral Partner relationships are strong and growing by fostering a culture supportive of Referral Partner outreach and CE activities Oversee patient care issues and responses to clients and regulatory boards as needed.
To become a Medical Director, the ideal candidate should:
Why Silicon Valley, CA?
- Be a board-certified veterinary specialist or an experienced ER doctor; however, general practice veterinarians with appropriate leadership and management experience may be considered.
- Have at least five years of experience as a veterinarian, preferably in ER/specialty settings.
- Have the capability to effectively manage conflict in highly emotional situations with grace and maturity.
- Leadership experience preferred, including but not limited to department head or representative, operational, or similar leadership role.
This high-tech hub delivers diverse rich cultural experiences, cosmopolitan cuisine, innovative museums and attractions, and rich history. With the beach and oceans to the West and the mountains to the East, you can choose your own adventure in Silicon Valley, and with more than 250 sunny days per year, you'll have plenty of time to explore. Savor the sites and sounds of the San Pedro Square Market, catch a Sharks game, or take in the views from Castle Rock State Park. You're also just a short drive from all that San Francisco and Napa Valley have to offer. Disclaimer
: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Equal Employment Opportunity
You can count on MedVet to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, training, and overall experience and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.