Incredible opportunity for a Veterinary Specialist to join the team at Pet Specialists of Austin as our Medical Director! Our brand-new 24/7 - 365, state of the art hospital opened in January 2021 with the latest technology and talented colleagues.
Pet Specialists of Austin boasts progressive medicine and ideas, with excellent tools that include: video endoscopes, digital radiology, 64-slice CT scanner, 1.5 Tesla MRI, ultrasound for ER/ICU/IM use, Echo, EKG, fluoroscopy & C-arm, USP800-compliant Oncology space, Orthoscopic scope tower, telemetry, and state-of-the-art isolation.
Doctors are supported by an amazing group of dedicated technicians, client care coordinators, and a management team with many years of veterinary medicine experience. This area also has an incredible ecosystem of partner hospitals, that work together to support the full scope of needs of our pet patients, pet parents and our own team members.
In the heart of Austin, we have...
A busy location with appreciative clients
An educated and compassionate support team, and
Industry-first benefits and growth opportunities
Thrive Pet Healthcare supports our clinicians while allowing our hospital to maintain their own individual culture and practice medicine that makes sense for our clinicians and patients. Together as a team, our doctors decide how we practice and collaborate on the hospital's medical protocols to provide best medicine.
The Medical Director is a working part of the team, and in this role, we seek:
- A specialty veterinarian with 3 years or more experience in a Specialty & ER hospital
- A commitment to building and nurturing trusted relationships with our on-site and referring veterinarians.
- Passion for making our core values come to life each day – empathetic, collaborative, supportive, trustworthy.
- Excellent diagnostic capabilities, with soft tissue surgical skills a plus.
- Compassionate individual, dedicated to client and patient care.
- Proven results in fostering a work environment of teamwork and emotional intelligence.
- Partnership with the Practice Manager and Support office on recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of veterinarians.
- Involvement in budgetary decisions regarding inventory, products, and staff labor.
- Comfort with coaching, developing performance improvement plans and disciplinary action
- Collaboration with Regional Operations team and support initiatives and policies
- Experience and comfort scheduling meetings & clinical time for the doctor team and assisting leads with their team schedules if needed.
- Attendance in all operational meetings and workshops (some travel required)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Industry-first Veterinary Incentive Plan (VIP) or Signing Bonus
- Benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life,
- Paid time off for you & for your CE
- 401k with employer match
- Annual CE funds
- Pet care discounts & bereavement pay
- Paid parental leave of 8 weeks
Austin is a vibrant, fun city with a strong cultural scene along with great food, wonderful weather, and many outdoor activities. It is home to the University of Texas, the state capital, and home to many tech companies. You can enjoy kayaking the Lady Bird Lake that runs through downtown or take the 14-mile walk/bike path to enjoy the scenery. There is always live music to be found too!
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, contact Tracy Skellen at email@example.com.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.