WestVet has an opportunity for a strong Medical Director (MD) at our Meridian, ID hospital. Who You are:
About Medical Directors at WestVet:
- Have demonstrated leadership with a strong track record of success during times of change, transformation and rapid growth.
- Have at least 5-7 years of progressive growth and experience in a veterinary healthcare organization.
- Have the capability to effectively manage conflict in highly emotional situations with grace and maturity.
- Board-certified veterinary specialists, experienced ER DVM's, DVM's with military leadership, DVM's with animal health leadership, or DVM's with equivalent experience are ideal.
We know that hospital leadership is pivotal to our success. We leverage what we call a Dyad Model -- the hospital's MD works collaboratively with the Hospital Director (HD) to lead the Healthcare Team. The MD, who reports to a Regional Medical Director, is the local leader of Medical Services and oversees all specialty and emergency doctors, as well as interns and residents. The MD promotes a culture that supports development of engaged and empowered employees, who deliver the MedVet Experience in a healthy and sustainable manner while living MedVet's core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion.
The MD partners with their dyad HD to improve and sustain MedVet's focus on evaluating, planning, and implementing the delivery of best-in-class healthcare to MedVet patients in support of our mission - Leading Specialty Healthcare for Pets. Successful dyad leadership provides representation of all employees, fosters diversity of thought, and leverages the variable experience and skill of our Medical Services and Clinical Services Teams. Key Responsibilities Include:
Everything Starts with Our Caregivers
- Foster a Culture that supports development of Engaged and Empowered Employees as well as continuous improvement.
- In partnership with the Hospital Director, serves as an overall leader for the hospital, directing both Emergency and Specialty services (Dyad Leadership).
- Lead and direct the Medical Services teams in the hospital, including doctor hiring, doctor onboarding, doctor development, and management of doctor performance issues, partnering with Clinical Services, HR, or other teams as needed. Continually evaluate hiring needs and opportunities for growth of the practice, working in partnership with the Medical Recruiting team.
- Responsible for managing overall department workflows, ensuring that patient care is delivered in an efficient, safe, and compassionate manner.
- Responsible for doctor scheduling, department meetings, and other doctor-facing communications.
- Works with the Hospital Director to ensure the Clinical Services team has the resources and tools to deliver high-quality patient, client, and referral partner experience.
- Works with the Hospital Director to manage overall hospital financial results, including inventory/supplies and other expenses.
- Work collaboratively with the HD, Regional Medical Director (RMD), VP of Clinical services and Finance to Prepare and Manage Hospital Budget and Capital Budget.
- Work with the RMD to Lead Operational Planning efforts and execution for the hospital on an annual basis.
- Ensure Referral Partner relationships are strong and growing by fostering a culture supportive of Referral Partner outreach and CE activities. Ensures that doctors are doing the appropriate referral partner outreach, and coaches them on how to effectively build referral partner relationships so that they can grow their practice.
- Oversee patient care issues, referral partner concerns, and responses to client complaints, personally handling escalated client and referral partner issues. Interacts with regulatory boards as needed.
Why Meridian, ID?
- Our doctors are eligible to become shareholders - a rare opportunity to have ownership and share in the growth and success of MedVet & VEI hospitals across the country.
- We offer all the benefits you expect, plus a Generous Signing Bonus, Competitive Compensation, Shareholder Opportunity, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Parental Leave.
- Our passionate and dedicated team of doctors, certified technicians, assistants, and client service representatives is committed to being the best in the veterinary profession to give and receive care. Our collaboration, passion, and energy can be felt by everyone who enters our hospital doors.
- Our team members treat patients and clients like they are our own family, and we develop referral partner relationships built on trust, respect, communication, and empathy.
Meridian is a suburb of Boise and is the perfect blend of urban activity and outdoor adventure. There's a vibrant art community, a lively downtown with shopping and delicious restaurants, and family-friendly attractions and events. For the outdoor adventurer, Boise has easy access to mountains, rivers, and lakes that offer year-round recreation opportunities. Fishing, hiking, boating, and mountain biking in the summer, and in winter, The Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area boasts 80 runs across 2,600 acres of terrain for winter sports enthusiasts.
For more information about MedVet, please visit our website at www.medvet.com
or to submit a confidential CV
, email Carolyn Luther, DVM at Carolyn.Luther@medvet.com
There are more positions listed at www.medvet.com/careers
. Moving somewhere we don't currently have a posting? We still want to hear from you! Come as you are.
MedVet is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all team members. You can count on us to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members and applicants. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, training, and overall experience and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.