VCA Canada Alta Vista Animal Hospital in Ottawa, Ontario is seeking a Board-eligible candidate or Board-certified Veterinary Neurologist (permanent, full-time) to join their specialty team.
With approximately 30 veterinarians and 160 staff members, Alta Vista offers a variety of services for cats and dogs including a General Practice, 24-hour Emergency, Specialty/Referral Centre, and intensive care unit staffed 24 hours a day.
With on-site computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging (Esaote MR Vet Grande), electrodiagnostic equipment (Cadwell Sierra Wave emg/ncv/baer), and Antech Laboratory, Alta Vista is looking for a neurologist to add to our specialty team. This position will be supported by a staff of specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Dentistry, Rehabilitation and Critical Care.
Alta Vista offers a comprehensive compensation package, including a competitive guaranteed base salary plus commission, health and dental benefits, Continuing Education time and allowance, paid vacation/sick leave, membership dues, statutory holidays, a generous signing bonus and a moving allowance.
Alta Vista Animal Hospital is located in the Ottawa Valley, serving a population of approximately 1 million residents. Ottawa boasts one of the highest percentages of parks to residents in Canada and is ideal for the outdoor enthusiast. Ottawa offers affordable housing and the option of country or city living (all within close proximity of the Hospital).
Both medical and surgical neurologists will be considered. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are required, French is an asset.
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families!
Compensation is important which is why we have tailored programs just for you.
- Employer match (5%) group RRSP plan – Planning for your future just got easier with VCA Canada!
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits
- Opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Membership, dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
We care about your well-being and invest in resources that foster a Wellness and Appreciation culture.
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work-life harmony
- Wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
Click Apply and join us today!
Should you have any questions, please contact Jason Kill, Hospital Manager at (613) 799-2101 or email Jason.Kill@vca.com.