VCA Canada Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital is currently recruiting for an Internist, to join our team of highly engaged and professional veterinary professionals. In this role, you will diagnose and manage diseases that affect the internal systems and organs . The successful candidate will understand the importance of collaborating with the pet-owner and the support team to provide the best treatment possible to your patient. You are confident in operating various medical equipment and performing medical procedures related to small animal oncology and you pride yourself on providing expert patient care! Additional qualifications include;
- Board certified or residency trained
- 1 year minimum performing small animal procedures related to internal medicine; kidney, liver, gastrointestinal tract, endocrine glands, lungs and bone marrow.
- Determining an appropriate course of treatment or therapies
- Managing chemotherapy side effects
- Genuine passion for veterinary medicine and for our furry friends!
- Dedicated to promoting team-based medicine practices
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues, pet parents and community
- A passion for coaching and mentoring
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
RRSP 5% Employer Group Match Program!
Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
Continuing education benefits - we know you love to learn!
Career and leadership opportunities
Opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
Relocation assistance; Immigration support
Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
Referral bonus rewards
We care about your well-being and invest in resources that foster a Wellness and Appreciation culture.
Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work life balance
VCA Academy Mentorship Program for new/recent graduates or those new to primary care; a 90-day personalized structured mentorship program with ongoing support!
Wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
Employee assistance program
E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
Professional liability insurance coverage
Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA initiatives
Click APPLY and upload your resume!