Veterinary Emergency and Referral Group is seeking full or part time boarded or residency trained Internist to join our growing and busy Internal Medicine team.
VERG, is a well-established emergency and specialty hospital in Brooklyn. Specialty services include Internal Medicine, Surgery (general, orthopedic, and neurosurgery), Emergency and Critical Care, Oncology, Neurology, and Cardiology. Referrals from over 400 local practices throughout the tri-state area as well as a vibrant emergency service ensure a varied and robust caseload.
VERG has recently relocated to a brand new, state of the art, 12,500 square foot hospital in the desirable Gowanus/Park Slope neighborhood. Highlights of the new hospital include:
- Siemens Magnetom Symphony 1.5T MRI
- Toshiba Aquilon 64 slice CT scanner
- Dedicated abdominal and cardiac ultrasound units
- Full range of endoscopic equipment
- GE OEC 9800 C-Arm
- Treatment area and special procedures room designated for Internal Medicine
- Individual soft tissue, orthopedic/neurologic, and ophthalmologic surgery suites
- Large ICU equipped with ventilator, multiple Snyder oxygen units, and telemetry
- Dedicated individual canine, feline, and isolation wards
- Fenced in rooftop dog walking area with K9 grass
VERG has a thriving internship program through VIRMP, and doctors are intimately involved in training interns through clinical casework.
Brooklyn has more than enough to keep anyone entertained, and the collection of museums, parks, and historical landmarks make Brooklyn a popular destination for tourists. The hospital is minutes away from Prospect Park, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, the Brooklyn Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge Park, the Barclays Center, the Brooklyn Academy of Music, and the cultural hub of Manhattan.