VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital
is seeking a 5th residency trained or boarded certified Internist
to join our amazing team of specialists.
Alameda East is a large, AAHA accredited, 24-hour specialty and general practice hospital in beautiful Denver, Colorado. Our specialties include Anesthesiology/Pain Management, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Surgery, Dermatology, Radiology, Rehabilitation, Neurology, and Cardiology. Our hospital is equipped with a 1.5 Tesla MRI unit on-site, 64-slice CT with 3D reconstruction, digital radiography, GE ultrasound unit, digital fluoroscopy, anesthesia/critical care support, and more. We are committed to a diverse and positive work environment with the highest standard of patient care, client care and staff satisfaction.
Boasting an elevation of 5,280 feet, one mile above sea level, Denver is the Mile High City! It's the gateway to the Rocky Mountains, where you can navigate the city by locating the hazy blue peaks off to the west. A 20 minute drive will get you to the foothills, beautiful in themselves, and in an hour you can be among the majestic, snow-capped granite peaks of the continent's largest mountain range. The Denver area has experienced a boost in population through the past 10 years, with many young residents settling in to enjoy good nightlife, including lots of local breweries, music from indie rock to country, and an increasingly cutting-edge food scene. Denver's culture could be described as "city mountain west," combining the best of urban excitement, the great outdoors, and western independence. It's no wonder it rates as the second-best place to live in the United States, according to U.S. News & World Report (2019). Rounding out the list of lifestyle perks, Denver ranked third in Rover's list of dog-friendly cities in 2019 and is known for being an exceptionally pet friendly place. Where else would you want to live?
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
The base salary range for this position is $185,000 to $225,000 to start and is negotiable based on a candidate's experience, credentials, skillset, education, and other factors. This position may also be eligible for 25% in production/commission, and other variable pay programs.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com