An opportunity for an experienced and passionate Small Animal Medicine specialist or residency-trained but not yet boarded to join the Veterinary Referral Hospital Team.
- Full time or part time locum opportunity
- Support for international or interstate migration available
- Be part of a close-knit and collaborative team
VRH is a multi-disciplinary referral hospital and 24/7 Emergency Centre in Melbourne’s South-East. We pride ourselves on being a patient-focused practice and delivering treatment that has the patient’s best interest in mind. We also believe in a team approach to patient care, recognising that optimum patient care often requires the involvement of more than one specialist.
We currently have 4 board certified medicine specialists and are looking to grow our team. Working with the medicine specialists, are 2 surgeons, 3 neurologists, 2 radiologists, full time specialist anaesthetists and a Specialist Oncologist. We have a rotating and fixed internship program that allows opportunities for teaching and research projects if you desire.
Imaging facilities include fluoroscopy, 16 slice CT and a 1.5T MRI, with dedicated radiographers. We have a full suite of rigid and flexible endoscopes and perform interventional procedures working together with our surgeons and radiologists. Patient care is enhanced by a 24-hour intensive care unit.
An opportunity for an experienced and passionate medicine specialist or residency-trained but not yet boarded, to join the Veterinary Referral Hospital Team on a full-time or fixed-term basis. You will be a highly valued critical member of the specialist team and will provide specialist medicine services and support.
The ideal candidates will have the following skills and attributes:
- Qualifications suitable for general and specialist registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent patient care
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills including reporting
- Flexible, adaptable and positive approach to work
Our staff enjoy:
- Excellent opportunities for continued learning and development in a variety of areas
- Support for professional progression including paid memberships
A salary which recognises experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate, and other benefits include one-week paid study leave. We are happy to consider applicants from overseas who have appropriate qualifications recognised in Australia.
To apply or for more information contact Melissa Bicanic, Talent Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org