College of Sciences
The opportunity - Te Whiwhinga mahi
The School of Veterinary Science at Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand invites applications for a permanent academic position in small animal medicine.
This is an opportunity for someone to enjoy a moderate clinical caseload with wrap-around support while spending time teaching, guiding, and promoting the next generation of veterinarians as well as having the opportunity to pursue research interests.
Our facilities include flexible and rigid endoscopy, digital radiology, fluoroscopy and ultrasound, and in-house CT. MRI examinations are carried out at a nearby human imaging practice. The Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) maintains a full suite of in-house diagnostic laboratory equipment and shares a building with IDEXX, a privately owned full-service diagnostic laboratory. Patient care is provided 24/7 in our ICU by a dedicated team of ER veterinarians and nurses, supported by board-certified critical care specialists.
About us - Ko wai mātou
The Massey Companion Animal Hospital is one of the very few multi-specialist veterinary hospitals in New Zealand. See what we have to offer, Have a look around.
Our values at the School of Veterinary Science are:
- community/whanau: We value our communities/whanau
- inclusion - Mahi tahi: We embrace inclusion and encourage participation from all members of our community
- integrity - pono: We are authentic and professional in all that we do, Respect - Aroha: We respect each other and value differing perspectives
- innovation and excellence - Auaha, Hirana: We continually challenge ourselves to grow as we strive to be the best that we can be as individuals and as a community
- wellbeing - hauora: We prioritise the wellbeing of animals, our people and the environment
- our mission whāinga advancing animal and human wellbeing, and environmental sustainability, through veterinary education and research for Aotearoa New Zealand, and the world.
About you - Ko koe tēnei:
- Hold a veterinary degree that can be immediately registered with the Veterinary Council of New Zealand is essential
- Either having a specialist qualification in Companion Animal Internal Medicine or the eligibility to sit an examination in the aforementioned is desirable
- Have essential evidence of existing research activity for those appointed as Associate Professor or above. Advanced degrees (e.g. Masterate or PhD) are desirable for Senior Lecturer appointments and above
Join us in the Manawatū
Palmerston North is a family-friendly, eminently bikeable, compact city of approximately 88,000 people centrally located in the north island of New Zealand. There is easy access to outdoor activities such as skiing, hiking, excellent road- and mountain biking, and surfing. The town has a vibrant coffee culture, and numerous restaurants, and is close to some of the best winemaking areas in the world. New Zealand’s capital city Wellington, is approximately 1.5 hours drive away. Wellington provides a dose of big-city culture and is the departure point for vehicle ferries to the South Island. https://manawatunz.co.nz/live/work/working-in-manawatu/
How to apply - Me pēhea te tono
For academic enquiries please contact Jane Langton Burnell - Vet Teaching Hospital Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and appointments may be made prior and up to our Massey close down period of 2nd December and then after the close down period from 16th January 2023.
Closing date: 2 December 2022
Reference number: CS_SVS_1229_10/22
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz