BluePearl in East Orlando is currently seeking a board certified Veterinary Internist or an individual that is residency trained in Internal Medicine to join our team!
BluePearlSpecialty Pet Hospital in East Orlando is a satellite hospital for our Maitland hospital. East Orlando is an 8,500 square foot hospital offering both Internal Medicine and Surgery services to our referring vet community. The hospital is a30-minute drive from Maitland and features, in-house Idexx lab equipment, EPOCH, alarge treatment area, two ORs, digital radiography, andendoscopy (GI, rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy, cystoscopy). Our business hours in East Orlando are Monday through Thursday, 7 am - 6pm. Currently we are closedFriday, Saturday, and Sunday. An after-hours emergency clinic provides our hospitalized patients with overnight supportive care. Our emergency patients are referred by their primary care veterinarians since we do not provide primary ER care. After-hours emergenciesare seen by the emergency veterinary hospitals and then referred to our hospital for continued care when needed.
The East Orlando hospital has thesupport of our team of specialists in our Maitland hospital. Services including emergency critical care, internal medicine, surgery, neurology, radiology with an on-site radiologist, medical and radiation oncology, dentistry, physical rehabilitation, and acupuncture. Maitland supports rotating interns as well as residents in internal medicine, surgery, and neurology. The hospital also features a 64-slice helical CT, 1.5 Tesla MRI, ultrasound, and digital radiography. We offer advanced treatment including,radioiodine therapy, linear accelerator, endoscopy (GI, rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy, cystoscopy), laparoscopy and physical therapy.
The Orlando area draws from a referral population of 1.5 million. Central Florida offers numerous readily accessible leisure and cultural activities. Both coasts are within easy driving distance to enjoy the beaches.Central Florida offers opportunities for the outdoor lover, including nature trails, bird watching, kayaking and paddle boarding, beaches, and scuba diving. The area is close to several world class theme parks as well as the Kennedy Space Center, but far enough away from tourist areas that the charm of Central Florida can be appreciated. Historic Downtown Winter Park is also close by where there areawidevariety of shops and restaurants. They also have a farmer's market, art museums, and cultural events.Why BluePearl?
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Annual company store allowance.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.