BluePearl Specialty Pet Hospital in Maitland, FL is currently seeking a board certified Veterinary Neurologist or an individual that is residency trained in Neurology to join our team.
We are the only large referral specialty hospital in Central Florida. Our business hours are Monday through Friday, 7 am - 6pm and Saturday, 7am - 1pm. Our emergency patients are referred by their primary care veterinarians, as we do not have a primary ER service. After-hours emergencies are seen at local emergency veterinary hospitals and then referred to our hospital for continued care when needed.
Our team of specialists include emergency critical care, internal medicine, surgery, neurology, radiology with an on-site radiologist, medical and radiation oncology, dentistry, and acupuncture. We have rotating interns as well as residents in internal medicine, surgery, and neurology. Next door to our hospital, we have ophthalmology and dermatology available for consultations. Our 25,000 square-foot hospital features 64-slice helical CT, 1.5 Tesla MRI, ultrasounds, and digital radiography. We offer advanced treatment including, radioiodine therapy, linear accelerator, endoscopy (GI, rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy, cystoscopy), laparoscopy and physical therapy. In addition, Antech has a commercial laboratory on premises allowing fast turnaround time for many lab results.
The Orlando area draws from a referral population of 1.5 million. Central Florida offers numerous readily accessible leisure and cultural activities. Both coasts are within easy driving distance to enjoy the beaches. Central Florida offers opportunities for the outdoor lover, including nature trails, bird watching, kayaking and paddle boarding, beaches, and scuba diving. The area is close to several world class theme parks as well as the Kennedy Space Center, but far enough away from tourist areas that the charm of Central Florida can be appreciated. Historic Downtown Winter Park is also close by where there are a wide variety of shops and restaurants. They also have a farmer's market, art museums, and cultural events.Why BluePearl?
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Annual company store allowance.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.