Tri Lake Animal Hospital & Referral Centre in Lake Country, BC is welcoming an Internal Medicine Veterinary Specialist to join our expanding group of skilled veterinary professionals.
Located in Lake Country, VCA Canada’s Tri Lake Animal Hospital & Referral Centre is a growing hybrid and urgent care practice situated in the heart of the beautiful Okanagan Valley, and just a few hours’ drive from both Banff National Park and the Canadian Pacific Coastline.
We have been serving the Okanagan Valley and beyond for over 35 years. We currently housed expanding specialty services including Surgery, Rehabilitation & Pain Management, Dermatology, and remote Nutrition, along with a bustling general practice featuring exotics as well. Our caseload is rapidly rising thanks to referrals from throughout BC and a sustained increase in population within our referral area. We are further committed to expanding our ER department so we can offer 24/7 services; which we Critical Care and Radiology.
The hospital is a 16,500 sq ft purpose-built facility with eight exam rooms, spacious treatment floor, multiple ORs, special procedure room for endoscopy, in-house 64-slice CT scanner, Sound SmartDR+CsI with hands-free radiology equipment and trained staff, a well-equipped in-house lab, supported by three external laboratories within BC, and fully stocked surgical inventory, including arthroscopy equipment – will purchase additional equipment to suit your special interests and expand service offerings!
About the Area
Lake Country, British Columbia, is nestled between three stunning lakes, and surrounded by beautiful mountains. It provides a special combination of waterfront living, an array of local world-class wineries, and a number of excellent ski resorts within a short drive – no wonder the Okanagan Valley is consistently voted one of the best places to live in Canada! With its long, warm summers (35C/95F+) and mild winters, it affords a unique opportunity for an incredible work-life balance to the outdoor enthusiast!
Lake Country is 20 minutes north of Kelowna – a vibrant city providing rich options including mainstream and boutique shops, boundless coffee shops, abundant nightlife, various entertainment venues and a large variety of eateries. Kelowna is known as “where Canadians go on vacation” – come and find out for yourself… once you visit, you’ll never want to leave and you’ll soon see why Kelowna is the fastest growing city in BC!
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- RRSP 5% Employer Group Match Program!
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits - we know you love to learn!
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
We care about your well-being and invest in resources for our associates:
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work-life balance
- VCA Academy Mentorship Program for new/recent graduates or those new to primary care; a 90-day personalized structured mentorship program with ongoing support!
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA Canada initiatives
Email: Monica Stiller, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for further information, or click Apply Now!
For more information on who we are, what we do, Paw It Forward, and opportunities with VCA, please visit us online at vcacanada.com
VCA is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.