Neurologist - Guardian Veterinary Centre
- VCA Canada
- Edmonton (City), Alberta (CA)
- Competitive salary, benefits and other perks
- Closing date
- Mar 14, 2023
- Practice Area
- Small Animal, Neurology
- Position Type
- Veterinary Internist / Specialist, Residency Trained
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
- Veterinary Hospitals / Corporate
We are looking to expand our specialty team with the addition of a Board Certified or residency trained Neurologist!
Guardian Veterinary Centre is a companion animal specialty and emergency centre located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We have had a specialty presence in Edmonton since 2007 which has allowed us to establish a busy neurology caseload, as the nearest board-certified neurologist is in Calgary (3 hours away).
Our hospital includes robust surgery, internal medicine, and critical care departments, as well we are excited to add anesthesiology in the summer of 2021. Since opening our doors, we have built a strong relationship with our large referral community, serving Northern Alberta, Northern BC, Yukon, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.
What sets us apart from other clinics is our hospital culture. Our specialists are highly collaborative, working as a strong team to provide exceptional patient care. The current specialty team includes members who have been together for at least 10 years, and continues to grow, building a strong foundation of trust and support.
Our Registered Veterinary Technologists work alongside our specialists, are highly skilled, utilized to their fullest potential, and always eager to learn. We have an energetic and experienced emergency team that works closely with our specialists. Finally, our doctors are deeply respected by the referring community, which speaks volumes regarding how truly caring and engaged our team is.
Our facility is a well-equipped, state-of-the-art, 20,000 square foot hospital including 24-hour staffing, newly updated CT, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, endoscopy, arthroscopy, and a critical care ventilator. We are excited to be expanding this year to include 8000 square feet of additional facilities including installation of an MRI a dedicated ICU, and extra exam and procedure. We also have an onsite digital cytology analyzer, resulting in very quick turnaround times for clinical pathology reports.
- Edmonton offers the largest area of urban parkland in Canada with over 7300 hectares that expands both sides of our beautiful North Saskatchewan River to take full advantage of our great outdoors.
- Edmonton hosts several festivals each year, including our world renowned Folk Fest, Fringe Festival, Symphony under the Sky, Ice on Whyte Festival.
- We are a short drive away from the majestic Rocky Mountains, home to Jasper and Banff National Parks which boast world-class vistas with ample hiking, camping, rafting and world class skiing
- With our new stadium, Rogers Place, we have quickly become a top destination for many of the most sought after entertainment acts and is home to our NHL team the Edmonton Oilers.
- Edmonton is the capital of Alberta, and our city is growing rapidly, with a current metro population of over 1.3 million. The University of Alberta is home to over 40,000 students and boasts the most 3M National Teaching Fellows in Canada.
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- RRSP 5% Employer Group Match Program!
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits - we know you love to learn!
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
We care about your well-being and invest in resources for our associates:
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work-life balance
- VCA Academy Mentorship Program for new/recent graduates or those new to primary care; a 90-day personalized structured mentorship program with ongoing support!
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA Canada initiatives
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or click Apply Now!
Please contact Dr. Nikki Sereda at email@example.com with any questions about Guardian Veterinary Centre or to send your CV.
VCA is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert