VCA Animal Specialty Group
is seeking a second board certified or residency trained Medical Oncologist
to join our multi-specialty referral and emergency practice in the Glendale area of Los Angeles.
Our state-of-the art hospital provides a very collaborative, gratifying, and enjoyable work environment. Our oncology team is supported by a group of chemotherapy experienced technicians (RVTs) and veterinary assistants with over 33 years of combined experience. The department has a separate treatment area for chemotherapy services and utilizes PhaSeal safety technology. The oncology department is supported by multiple other specialties including surgery, internal medicine, neurology, and critical care. We have a strong teaching program including rotating interns, specialty interns, and surgical residents. Our busy emergency service is staffed with internship trained emergency doctors. Our diagnostic capabilities include a complete in-house laboratory, digital radiography, on-site spiral CT and MRI, color flow Doppler ultrasound, portable ultrasound unit, and an oxygen cage system.
With the creation of VCA's Pet CancerCare Alliance™, you can be a part of a unique brain trust of over 65 veterinary oncologists and a network of over 35 Pet CancerCare Centers across North America. Our Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists work together to bring advanced treatments, technology and education to all veterinarians by providing collaborative care, research, clinical trials and leadership to help ensure that pets are living their best possible lives.
Glendale is Los Angeles County's third largest city, and offers the best in urban-suburban living. It is located approximately nine miles north of downtown Los Angeles. Within a thirty minute drive you can be on the beach or in the mountains. The city is known for excellent schools, medical centers, retail shopping, and entertainment. With an ideal climate and picturesque setting, it is obvious why Glendale is called the "Jewel City." Outdoor adventures are in abundance and the weather and climate are very accommodating to hiking, cycling, and water activities.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
Compensation is negotiable based on education, experience, and other relevant credentials. The annual salary range for this position is $120,000 to $300,000. This position may also be eligible for other variable pay programs.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com