VCA Aurora Animal Hospital
is seeking a fourth internist to join our established, AAHA accredited, 24-hour emergency, specialty, and general practice in Aurora, Illinois
-located just an hour outside of Chicago
Our spacious, 27,000 square foot facility is equipped with digital radiography, two Logiq 7 ultrasound machines, a mobile GE Horizon 1 T MRI unit, a GE CT/e spiral CT, and C-Arm fluoroscopy. Additionally, we feature a strong emergency/critical care service, a thriving internship program, and an experienced management team. Our multi-specialty group includes Surgery, Radiology, Medical and Radiation Oncology, Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Cardiology.
Open your arms to the Aurora Area, which includes ten cities and towns unique in their own charms, yet unified by the Fox River that flows through our valley. Only 37 miles west of Chicago, the Aurora Area is home to the oldest continuous Farmers Market in Illinois, a wide variety of shopping, and outdoor music at RiverEdge Park. For recreation, the City's 325-acre Phillips Park features an 18-hole golf course, aquatic center, skate park, lakeside walking path, and the recently restored Sunken Gardens. With all the delights of Chicago only an hour away, there is always something fun to do!
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work.
For more information about this job, please contact Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty - Rayna Faumuina at Rayna.Faumuina@vca.com or 760-891-9903.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com