Assistant/Associate/Professor of Practice (req13485)
- University of Arizona College of Veterinary Medicine
- Tucson, Arizona
- Closing date
- May 1, 2023
- Practice Area
- Position Type
- Professor / Educator, Veterinary Internist / Specialist, Board-Certified
- Contract Type
- Locum Tenens
- Full Time
- Organization Type
The University of Arizona College of Veterinary Medicine (UA-CVM) invites applications for a career- track, non-tenure eligible faculty position with a primary focus on teaching veterinary internal medicine. We are seeking a veterinarian with clinical experience and expertise in internal medicine. Knowledge base ideally would include the normal physiology, pathophysiology of common diseases, as well as diagnosis and management of veterinary diseases. There is opportunity to instruct in multiple subdisciplines including dermatology, neurology, cardiorespiratory, gastroenterology, diagnostic imaging, nutrition, and infectious diseases.
The UA-CVM curriculum is organized by organ-system blocks, including internal medicine blocks for neurology, gastroenterology, cardiopulmonary, nephrology, and endocrinology, aiming to prepare “day-one-ready” veterinarians with clinically relevant content. This position will lead the design and facilitation of active learning classroom sessions for a variety of system-based courses in the pre-clinical curriculum, contribute to advanced internal medicine management courses and electives, and collaborate with other organ-system course leaders to create clinically relevant internal medicine course content.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of the pre-clinical veterinary medical doctorate curriculum in an environment of collaborative course development that builds horizontal and vertical integration among courses throughout the curriculum.
- Collaborate with other faculty and contribute to the design, development, and delivery of clinically relevant pre-clinical course content for organ-system courses and labs, advanced medical management courses, and internal medicine electives.
- Deliver curriculum content to veterinary students within the CVM vision of inclusive, evidence- based Team-Based Learning and Peer Instruction pedagogy, in which students take substantial ownership of their learning, and student classroom time is focused on the collaborative application of content (as opposed to a focus on delivery of content).
- Provide reasonable out-of-classroom availability to diverse cohorts of veterinary students for office hours and scheduled meetings to assist students with learning.
- Engage in ongoing assessment and professional development aimed at the lifelong process of improving inclusive teaching and learning skills.
- Engage in the CVM collegial community, the university community, and the larger global academic community through participation in shared governance, advisory committees, and academic/professional society meetings.
Apply here: Assistant/Associate/Professor of Practice (req13485)
- DVM (or international equivalent) or PhD
- At least four years of clinical experience and/or expertise in veterinary medicine or veterinary sciences
- Board certification or board eligibility in a relevant specialty, such as DACVIM Internal Medicine (or international equivalent), or alternatively a demonstrable history of clinical internal medicine or training beyond the DVM degree.
- Prior experience in teaching and learning using active learning techniques to a diverse range of students, preferentially at a veterinary institution.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include in your application materials:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- In the Additional Document slot, please submit a a Brief (500-word limit) description of your philosophy on training and supporting students with hands-on clinical experiences, considering their wide range of backgrounds and skills, to ensure student success.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert