- Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Services
- Rochester, New York
- Guaranteed Base + Production
- Closing date
- Mar 19, 2023
- Practice Area
- Position Type
- Veterinary Internist / Specialist
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Private Practice
Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Services (VSES) is seeking a full time Veterinary Neurologist for our busy emergency and specialty hospital in Upstate NY. Sign on Bonus Available!
We are a very busy practice and the only 24/7/365 emergency and specialty referral veterinary hospital in Rochester, NY serving over 1.2 million people and their pets. Our newly renovated 28,000-square-foot facility is equipped with the latest in veterinary technology, including telemetry, 16-slice helical CT, 1.5 Tesla Siemens Avanto MRI, digital radiography, ultrasound, and rigid and flexible endoscopy. The hospital also has five comprehensive surgical suites, an in-house diagnostic lab which is open seven days a week, a state-of-the-art ICU, and a dedicated feline ward. Our newest venture is the opening of Roc Pet adding advanced rehabilitation services. We have a dedicated continuing education center which hosts local DVM and LVT CE as well as training of house officers. VSES also supports well-established rotating internships, specialty internships and surgical residency programs, thus providing the opportunity to teach and influence recently graduated veterinarians.
As a member of the VSES team, you will be working alongside our diverse and talented group including board-certified specialists in surgery, internal medicine, critical care and ophthalmology. Our emergency service consists of fourteen attending clinicians and outstanding licensed veterinary technicians and assistants.
Our ideal candidate should have a(n):
- desire for a collaborative approach to healthcare,
- strong communication skills,
- excellent work ethic,
- ability to serve as a mentor and coach to interns,
- residency background, ideally boarded,
- and a dedication to lifelong learning.
Our organization's core values of teamwork, quality, compassion, honesty, trust, and education contribute to our hospital culture of collaboration and camaraderie.
Rochester is known for its exceptional quality of life, reasonable cost of living and excellent education at all levels. The Finger Lakes region provides opportunities for outdoor activities including hiking, boating, camping, fishing and many wineries and breweries.
Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Services is part of Thrive Pet Healthcare and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Competitive compensation
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Annual CE Stipend and more!
- 401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
- Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with an annual salary range starting at $205,000 - $225,000 / year. The actual salary offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
Apply today at the link or reach out directly - Caroline Kercheval at Specialtyrecruiting@thrivepet.com
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/V81eEBHk4yVl4fVy1TOZJx
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert