Interdisciplinary - Veterinary Medical Officer/Biological Scientist
- APHIS/VS/Diagnostics & Biologics
- Working from home
- $98,496 - $183,500 per year
- Closing date
- Mar 26, 2023
- Practice Area
- Position Type
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
** You MUST apply on USAJobs.gov to be considered. NO EXCEPTIONS.
This position works both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop, implement and maintain consistent, fair, and compliant national regulatory policy for the veterinary biologics industry for the Center for Veterinary Biologics.
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Anticipates, develops and implements short and long range regulatory policies for veterinary biologics .
- Develops, reviews, and provides comments on new and revised rules, regulations, and procedures governing the importation, licensure, and testing of veterinary biologics.
- Plans, organizes, and participates in execution of national programs to establish testing standards to assay veterinary biologics prior to release and develop methods to evaluate biological products.
- Cooperates with other staffs and field personnel for the purpose of assuring that the biologics program is being effectively administered.
- Serves as a consultant and advisor to Federal and State officials, various professional and industry organizations, and the general public concerning program objectives.
- Maintains necessary comprehensive and authoritative familiarity with scientific and commercial developments in the field of veterinary medicine, various scientific fields, and vaccine manufacturing.
- Collaborates views of clinical veterinarians, livestock/biologics industries, State-Federal authorities, and domestic and foreign organizations in administration of the Virus-Serum-Toxin Act.
- Reviews current regulations and policies and as well as proposed revisions to ensure they are up-to-date, applicable, and in conformance with the Virus-Serum-Toxin Act.
Apply for Interdisciplinary - Veterinary Medical Officer/Biological Scientist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert