Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson is seeking a Board Certified or Residency Trained Cardiologist (DACVIM Cardiology) to join our team. As this would be a new service to this hospital and the only cardiology service in Tucson, this individual would have major input regarding equipment purchasing and development of the service with copious amounts of support from the hospital leadership. Cardiology is a highly sought after specialty in this area as there is an incredibly high need and demand for it.
VSCOT is a busy Emergency and Specialty hospital which consists of specialists in surgery, emergency and critical care, dermatology, and radiology in an award-winning, state-of-the-art facility. Our specialists and emergency doctors take a “one hospital” approach together with our experienced administrative and technical staff to provide the highest quality compassionate health care and service to our patients, pet owners, and referring veterinarians.
Our 32,000 sq. ft. hospital features the following:
- A separate emergency entrance and lobby
- 16 exam rooms
- 4 surgical suites
- Mobile and stationary color-flow Doppler ultrasounds
- A large central ICU with oxygen cage, Pulmonetics ventilator, Telemetry, portable ultrasound unit
- In-house lab and attached Antech reference laboratory
- Spiral CT scanner (16 slice Toshiba)
- 1.5 T Hallmarq Petvet MRI
- Digital radiography
We offer a great compensation package including but not limited to:
- Health insurance (vision, medical, dental, HSA/FSA)
- Optional life, disability insurance
- 401K with company contribution
- Generous CE allowance with additional PTO allotted
- Reimbursement for membership dues and license fees
- VetGirl discount, Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook membership
- And many more discounts and supplemental insurance options
Tucson, Arizona is a thriving city of over one million people offering a mild year round climate with unique geographical characteristics. It is surrounded by mountains which makes outdoor activities such as hiking, rock climbing, biking, and horseback riding accessible right outside your door. In addition, Tucson is a short 5 hour drive from the beaches of San Diego and less than 4 hours from a snowy getaway in the winter to Flagstaff where you can enjoy plenty of winter activities. Tucson also hosts an array of cultural activities year round, such as street fairs, symphonies, ballets, and is a culinary hotspot. Tucson also has 3 of the country’s top rated high schools and is a great place to raise a family.
If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, please email your resume to Joe Rusk at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at www.petvetcareers.com.