Research Director, Vet
- United States
- $170,000- 190,000 + Equity (RSUs) + Bonus + Benefits
- Closing date
- Apr 5, 2023
- Practice Area
- Small Animal, Oncology
- Position Type
- Manager / Director
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Research Director to join our Veterinary team! You will oversee sample procurement, research collaboration agreements, internal R&D, and assist in the authorship of research publications and presentations. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, enjoys learning new things and works well within a group. You should have experience working with large entities in the veterinary industry in research or medical quality or operations roles. You will work effectively with cross functional team members in other remote locations. You will also travel to conferences, our laboratory and team meetings as applicable throughout the year.
Volition’s Innovation lab is located in a 6,000 sq ft building in Carlsbad. The laboratory was started in 2020 and has been outfitted with brand new state of the art equipment and is set up for molecular biology, cell culture and Next Generation Sequencing. Volition is an equal opportunity employer that offers very competitive salary and benefits packages and a fun and stimulating work environment for delivering on the promise of liquid biopsy.
- Project manage all of Volition Veterinary’s research projects, both internally and externally. Create a clear vision and roadmap for R&D at Volition Veterinary both in the short and long term. Oversee Volition Veterinary’s Sample Incentive Program. Manage Volition Veterinary’s R&D budget. Establish new research projects in partnership with the legal department. Provide direct oversight to the Research Associate Assist with the writing of research papers to be submitted for peer-reviewed publications. Analyze and review data in partnership with our Chief Medical Officer and Veterinary Criticalist.
- You hold at least a doctorate degree in Veterinary Medicine (DVM, VDM, or equivalent. Board certification in a small animal speciality preferred). You have strong project management skills and are comfortable managing competing priorities You have experience participating in research projects in the veterinary field You are comfortable facilitating presentations to senior leadership both internally and externally You have strong public speaking skills, excellent written and oral communication skills You are highly motivated and take the initiative You know how to work both independently and within a team You are open to change and innovation, highly organized, pay attention to detail and pro-active in communication
Volition is a multi-national epigenetics company developing simple, easy-to-use, cost-effective blood tests to help diagnose and monitor a range of life-altering diseases such as cancer and sepsis. Our mission is to save lives and improve outcomes for millions of people and animals worldwide.
Volition's research and development activities are centered at Créalys Science Park in Gembloux, Belgium, with an innovation laboratory in San Diego, California and additional offices in US, London, and Singapore.
All Volition Veterinary team members work remotely.
- Salary range: $170,000-190,000 Stock (RSUs)
- Health Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance 15 days PTO + Public Holidays
- The opportunity to work alongside a team of highly motivated experts in the field of epigenetics and veterinary medicine
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert