Veterinary Specialist, Internist
- Ottawa Animal Emergency & Specialty Hospital
- Ottawa, Ontario (CA)
- Starting at $ 175, 000.00
- Closing date
- May 6, 2023
- Practice Area
- Small Animal
- Position Type
- Veterinary Internist / Specialist
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
- Veterinary Hospitals / Corporate
We are seeking Veterinary Specialist for small animals.
Specialty is: Board-Certified or Residency Trained Veterinary Internist (Internal Medicine)
This position is to be held at OAESH’s principal place of business located at 1155 Lola Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1K 4C1
- Evaluate patients, establish treatment plans, supervise, and assist the teams and carry out specialist techniques for Internal Medicine for routine, specialist, and emergency cases for all species
- Work closely with other Veterinary specialties, including the Emergency Department
- Perform and supervise Internal Medicine procedures
- Management of an Internal Medicine team of 3-5 techs and assistants
- Clinical and didactic training of Internal Medicine technicians and interns
- Teach and improve the quality of the care provided by all personnel at our hospital
- Provide recommendations on purchasing and maintaining equipment needed for Internal Medicine Department.
- Implement tools and processes for providing care and communicating with clients Requirements:
- Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent
- Experience at working with an Internal Medicine team
- Experience in leading a team of technicians
- Fluency in English is required. Individuals with bilingual language skills (French and English) are encouraged to apply.
- Hold or be eligible to obtain a license to practice veterinary medicine in the province of Ontario (Canada) issued by the College of Veterinarians of Ontario.
- Member in good standing of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) or European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ECVIM)
What we Can Offer:
- Very competitive signing & retention bonuses
- Relocation bonus and support
- Industry Leading Competitive Salary plus
- A strong Variable Bonus Plan (% of sales)
- Professional dues paid by the employer
- 4 weeks of vacation
- Continuing education credit
- Paid flex, family, or sick leave
- Training premium bonus
- Reimbursement of eligible expenses related to the role
- Employee discount, in accordance with the employer's discount policy
- Comprehensive benefit package included
Who we Are:
Known as OAESH and founded in 2012, this is one of Ottawa’s Premiere Emergency and Specialty Veterinary Hospitals, proudly owned by Veterinarians, and serving Ontario and the Quebec areas in Canada. Our mission is to promote animal welfare by offering specialized and 24-hour emergency veterinary services. Passion, Dedication, Compassion, and Excellence about our team and the clients we serve is our culture; we believe in a great experience for our team, clients, patients, and stakeholders. Our multidisciplinary team composed of high-level veterinarians, both generalists, and specialists, operates out of an emergency and specialty centre open 24/7, with over 7 dedicated specialties in a 34,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility with a modernized $12 Million expansion planned to begin in 2023.
Visit us at www.oaesh.com
Our facility has on-site CT, MRI, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, and a fully equipped laboratory. Enjoy collaboration with our other board-certified specialists in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Dentistry, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, and Critical Care with the additions of Behaviour, Cardiology, and Neurology specialties in the future. We have a robust Emergency Service as well as rotating and specialty internships. Our team has a strong relationship with local referring veterinarians and specialists to provide the best critical and emergency care. With our hospital located approximately 5 minutes from downtown, Ottawa, Ontario, is a progressive & multicultural community of 1 million residents, known for its creative laid-back lifestyle, with excellent summers and beautiful scenic winters. Ottawa offers true four-season activities for everyone. Explore some of the best restaurants, breweries, nightlife, and multicultural shops. Home of many national professional teams in football, hockey, soccer, and basketball, Ottawa offers a lot of seasonal social activities as a mecca of concerts and events in the Nation's Capital, with Toronto, Montreal, and many US border cities close by.
Why come work in OAESH?
- Brings the hospitals mission and vision to life for our team and our clients:
- Strive to provide the best possible client experience in a relationship-centered environment.
- Our vision is to be a premiere veterinary care center, wholly owned by veterinary professionals, with a model of excellence, innovation, and reliability
Our Core Values:
- Servant Leadership
- Lead with Empathy
- People First
- Exceed Expectations
- Honesty, Integrity, Trust
- Be Passionate and Caring
- Continuously Improvement
- Diversity & Inclusion
Our hospital offers complete services for dogs, cats, birds, and exotic animals’ owners. We are an accredited member of the Ontario College of Veterinarians. Interested candidates can submit their CV (Please indicate: ‘IM Specialty Application’ in the subject line) to the Managing Director, Carlo Bevilacqua, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call directly at 613-745-0123
Apply for Veterinary Specialist, Internist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert