- Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Services
- Rochester, New York
- Guaranteed Base + Production
- Closing date
- Apr 9, 2023
- Practice Area
- Small Animal
- Position Type
- Veterinary Internist / Specialist, Board-Certified
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Private Practice
Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Services (VSES) is seeking a full time Veterinary Cardiologist or residency trained clinician for our busy emergency and specialty hospital in Upstate NY.
We are a very busy practice and the only 24/7/365 emergency and specialty referral veterinary hospital in Rochester, NY serving over 1.2 million people and their pets. Our newly renovated 28,000-square-foot facility is equipped with the latest in veterinary technology, including telemetry, 16-slice helical CT, 1.5 Tesla Siemens Avanto MRI, digital radiography, ultrasound, and rigid and flexible endoscopy. The hospital also has five comprehensive surgical suites, a full complement of minimally invasive equipment, including arthroscopy, laparoscopy, and fluoroscopy, an in-house diagnostic lab open seven days a week, a state-of-the-art ICU, and a dedicated feline ward. Our newest venture is the opening of Roc Pet, adding advanced rehabilitation services. We have a dedicated continuing education center that hosts local DVM and LVT CE as well as training house officers. VSES also supports well-established rotating internships, specialty internships, and surgical residency programs, thus providing the opportunity to teach and influence recently graduated veterinarians.
As a member of the VSES team, you will be working alongside our diverse and talented group, including board-certified specialists. Our emergency service consists of experienced ER clinicians and outstanding licensed veterinary technicians and assistants.
Our ideal candidate should have a(n):
- desire for a collaborative approach to healthcare,
- strong communication skills,
- excellent work ethic,
- ability to serve as a mentor and coach to interns,
- residency background, ideally boarded,
- and a dedication to lifelong learning.
Recognized as a great place to raise a family, Rochester is a draw for its affordability (2021 Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities to Buy A Home), top-rated public schools (8 area schools have previously earned National Blue Ribbon Award designations) and proximity to the Finger Lakes (with its picturesque wine trails). In addition, transplants to the area rave about the Rochester area’s low commute times, high standard of health care, and access to cultural events.
Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Services is part of Thrive Pet Healthcare and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Competitive compensation
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Annual CE Stipend and more!
- 401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
- Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with an annual salary range starting at $205,000 - $225,000 / year. The actual salary offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
Apply today at the link or reach out directly - Caroline Kercheval at email@example.com
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/LYqEabt2ZmPaMhOL1tqZ5K
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert