Sunshine, Ocean, and a Leading Veterinary Specialty Centre; Discover Victoria, British Columbia!
- Victoria, British Columbia (CA)
- Generous salary, production bonus and signing bonus
- Closing date
- Jun 15, 2023
- Practice Area
- Small Animal
- Position Type
- Veterinary Internist / Specialist
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Private Practice
Westcoast Animal Veterinary Emergency Specialty Hospital (WAVES) has an exciting opportunity for a skilled Board-Certified or residency-trained Internist to join our growing team on a part-time or full-time basis with a flexible schedule that promotes wellness and work-life balance. WAVES is an emergency and multi-specialty hospital in Victoria, BC that opened in April 2019. We are in the heart of the West Shore, about 20 minutes from downtown Victoria. WAVES offers 24/7 care alongside boarded specialists in critical care, surgery, neurology, internal medicine (the current internist has a strong focus on interventional radiology), and access to a cardiologist. The beautiful 9,700 sq. ft hospital features an in-house lab, dedicated ICU, digital radiology, ultrasound, MRI, in-house CT, endoscopy, fluoroscopy, and 3 fully equipped surgical suites. We are equipped to handle high-acuity cases from all over Vancouver Island.
Why Join Us
WAVES is a coveted hospital that provides emergency and specialty care on the Westshore in Victoria, BC. WAVES has board-certified specialists and contemporary technologies to help furry felines and canines spring back to health. We pride ourselves on providing the best quality care to our patients. We are determined to provide care not only to our clients but also to other family veterinarians’ health teams in the community. WAVES is the place to be if you are committed to serving animals who require critical care and attention. Surrounded by other experts and specialists, it can serve as a place for you to develop and level up your career.
Victoria is known for its outdoor activities. With its perfect mix of city life and nature, you are sure to find plenty of activities on your days off. Interested in learning more? Please reach out to us at email@example.com and we would be happy to continue the conversation.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Board-certified (or eligible)
- A collaborative approach to patient care
- Dedicated to promoting team-based medicine practices
- A passion for coaching, mentoring, and supporting staff and colleagues
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude are a must
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Excellent communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous CE allowance - we know you love to learn!
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support if applicable
- Licensing and membership dues
- Opportunities to teach and provide CE to our network
- Support for continuing research
- Outstanding pet medical & supply discounts
- RRSP Match Program
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Schedules that support a healthy work-life balance
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Excellent vacation allowance
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VetStrategy initiatives
Westcoast Animal Veterinary Emergency Specialty Hospital (WAVES) is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
VetStrategy is Canada’s leading acquisition partner for veterinary clinics. Through our offering of customized partnership solutions and practice management support, we have become the largest network of veterinary professionals in the country, employing over 5,500 staff across nine (9) provinces. While operations began in 2006, our growth has been rapid over the past three years – now with 280+ hospitals in our network. As a 100% Canadian-operated company, we embrace the uniqueness of each of our clinics by respecting their clinic name, heritage and culture. We provide our veterinarian partners the freedom to practice medicine their way. We strive to ensure veterinarians have the time, support, and infrastructure to focus on responsible medicine and quality care.
Apply for Sunshine, Ocean, and a Leading Veterinary Specialty Centre; Discover Victoria, British Columbia!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert